Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Soya milk and menopause  (Read 12220 times)

lancashirelass

Re: Soya milk and menopause
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 06:12:37 PM »

Soya is highly processed dian shepperton mills one of.the top nutritionists gave a speech at an.endo day i attended.  She said if you have to use it you must have organic. 

Winterose

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 07:48:54 PM »

The washing takes place in Aluminium containers which then leach aluminium into the product, theres thickeners added to make it more like milk as well as oil and vitamins.  Kept in the chill area to make us think its a fresh product.  If the soya is from Monsanto then it has roundup sprayed onto the GModified product.   So def organic , apparently really easy to make your own , its amazing what we dont know about our food. :P

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 09:26:09 PM »

Nowt wrong with GM products  ;) - humans have been modifying food stuffs since God was a Lad ……..

I think that the aluminium leaching is old research  ;) and the containers that Companies now use would most likely be solid, not the same as those - if you can remember back far enough - 'tin' foil plates/cooking trays that were popular in the 1970s.  I think we have some in our attic  ::) ………. for a while we were keen enough to cook and freeze in batches, crikey, where did we get our energy  :D

At which point in the growing process is 'round up' used Winterose?  Most of our food crops in the UK are sprayed to lessen the chance of infestation, don't blame Monstanto ………. and crops are treated with granule (not manure or compost but name escapes me  :kick:) ……. pellets will do for now  ::) regularly through the growing season.

Personally we use spray on greenfly if necessary, hopefully bluetits etc. and ladybirds will eat greenfly/blackfly etc. but there aren't as many insects to make much input.  We grow carrots higher in raised beds to discourage the carrot root fly ……. worked last year !  apparently dilute soapy water is now banned  :-X  :o ……..

If someone doesn't like the food process then don't buy the product  :-\

Winterose

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 11:07:41 AM »

If the soya is from UK it doesnt have roundup on it but all Monsanto  American Soy crops are sprayed with it. I still have some large  aluminium pans and presumably the trays for take aways and ready made meals are aluminium.  Even plastics leach into our food so we are doomed from day on e,  :( Thats suppose d to mess with our hormones too..........perhaps this thread should stop here!!!

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 11:27:53 AM »

How does aluminium and plastic leach into our food stuffs?   :-\  My husband is a research chemist and he can't understand where you get the idea from.  Similar to all fish had mercury in the 1970s  ::) but they didn/t ......... how many farms grow soya beans in the UK - I ought to know, coming from a farming region  ::) but all I see across the UK right now are feed beans (broads) for cattle as well as oilseed rape. 

I never 'fancied' soya milk  ::) but if push came to shove, I would drink it - probably.  It's supposed to help how? 

dahliagirl

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 12:07:45 PM »

The Bon Appetit list was very good, Hurdity.  Well worth looking at.

Winterose

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 04:11:38 PM »

Must be similar to Australians who warned against leaving plastic bottles in sun and then drinking from them, the nasties are turning up in breast tissue samples taken from women with breast cancer , not that they were cited as cause of cancer.  :-* 

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 04:20:26 PM »

Where do you get your information from  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]