Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Felt my mood change!  (Read 2535 times)

Spangles

Felt my mood change!
« on: May 20, 2015, 05:29:00 AM »

I was travelling home from work on Friday and I noticed my mood fall. Since then my sleep has been affected and I've been waking feeling anxious and not getting to sleep because of feeling then same. I do suffer from anxiety but these days I seem to get it for no apparent reason! Does anyone els get random unexplained anxiety? I don't like it because it's hard to get out of and feel ok ageing, it takes ages 😒
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Kathleen

Re: Felt my mood change!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 09:10:40 AM »

Hello Shellb.

I can also feel my mood change quite rapidly, I sometimes feel it's like watching a storm gather and move towards you, you can see and feel it coming but there's nothing you can do to avoid it. Other ladies on the forum have described the sensation of a switch flicking and I've had that too.  My menopause book says hormonal changes can be subtle but that certainly hasn't been my experience so far!

I hope your mood lifts soon and you begin to feel better. I know how frustrating and distressing this whole business can be and you have my sympathy.

Wishing you well.

K.

Greenfields

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 06:29:49 PM »

Shelb I wake up with anxiety every morning - it sucks!  And it seems to come out of nowhere.  I've been coping with it by doing relaxation practices (I'm not able to work at the moment) - and that helps.  My body can get calm even around the anxiety being present (if that makes sense).  So maybe try and do some relaxation exercises before you go to bed?  I've also been doing a lot of exercise.  It doesn't seem to make a lot of difference in terms of my anxiety that I can see so far but I am fitter for it!  However my sleep is still disturbed and I regularly wake up at 4am :(  I just work on trying to be relaxed about it!

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 08:43:41 PM »

Yes. I can feel my mood change very quickly. In the time it takes to drink a cup if tea I can shift from feeling bleak low mood tinged with despair to feeling quite serene and optimistic.

It can also change as quick as flicking on a switch. I can be feeling normal then perhaps reach to pick up a book and feel a fast sinking sensation inside. Within a couple of moments I feel a wave of dread come over me and then follows a period of very low mood tinged with bleak anxiety which can last 5-6 days. There's absolutely nothing I can do to control it or stop it. And believe me I have tried.

The first dozen or so times it happened I thought I was going mad. What was terrifying for me was that I had no guarantee that these sudden huge mood dips would disappear again. I felt so dreadfully low and flat and the anxiety was especially cruel as I had always been so outgoing. I was reduced to a pitiful creature suddenly scared of the dark and scared to be out and about on my own.

In these last few months I have been more accepting of these mood dips and as I keep a Mood Diary I have proof that the low mood always lifts, always very swiftly.

I am hoping that HRT will stop my mood dipping so low a couple of times per month. I don't mind feeling down in the dumps for a few days once or twice a month. I can deal with that. But I just can't deal with the awful sinking sensations of despair and low level panic.