Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Neck and shoulder pain anyone?  (Read 46202 times)

Irishangel

Re: Neck and shoulder pain anyone?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 08:48:34 PM »

I can have a giggle too then suddenly feel that 'old familar pain' ...my lovely other half has been doing everything, cooking etc. He's just asked me am I feeling any better,  but to be honest wondering if I'm just getting used to the low grade pain (until it starts up to the teardrop level) lol  My boss (pharmacy manager) suggested to try co codamol, over the counter low dose. I don't like taking tablets at the best of times, so I'm a wee bit dubious about taking something stronger than paracetamol and ibuprofen!  I thinking should I just try the one tablet and see how I get on.  Sitting with an ice pack round my neck and shoulder at the moment. Have any of you got restricted movement? Thats the only thing that seems to be ok, I can lift my arm and move my neck although there is slight pulling feeling if I try to put my chin on my chest. Wish I could wave a magic wand and make it disappear!  lol  :) xx

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 09:34:52 PM »

Annie when you say twinging is it like a strong twitch that you cant control, not painful though?

S x

Twitch ! That's it ! No not painful but strong and very fast then they stop

Anne xx

Irishangel

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 09:36:38 PM »

haha it does! I was so pleased with myself on friday night as I did a 7 mile walk for charity! My neck pain at the time was just a slight knot type feeling.  Hips felt a bit achy on saturday but then vanished only to be taken over by this!  Just been reading about reactions to co codamol so I'm having second thoughts of taking them! lol I do get anxious when I take meds!  Can''t win! x

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 09:53:25 PM »

When my pain is at excruciating level I am writhing around sofa or bed and would take anything offered !

It hurt so bad yesterday at work and I had to fight back the tears
It was noticed today at work that I'm forever rubbing my arm or massaging/holding my shoulder
Trying to explain without crying was hard !

This evening it just constantly aches but I know the pain will come back 😢

Annie xx

Irishangel

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 10:22:18 PM »

I'm the same Annie.. I've just come to bed after taken two ibuprofen and two paracetamol and massage with lavender oil!   Supposed to be in work tomorrow...will see how tonight goes! Totally shattered. Hope you manage to have a better night . xx

Annie0710

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 10:35:29 PM »

Thank you, and you :-)

Annie xx

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 01:47:02 PM »

I have chiropractor 3.30pm tomorrow :)
Cried again this morning trying to sit up in bed, I need painkillers 20 mins before trying to sit up

Annie xx

Irishangel

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 03:31:13 PM »

Hi Annie was wondering how you were today.  I was bad early hours of the morning but finally managed to get a few hours sleep. Was in pain on waking, and called work to let them know I wouldn't be in.  Taken 2 paracetamol early this morning and ice pack. Did some gentle exercises and had a deep Epsom salt bath.  Still had low grade pain, but didn't take any pain relief till 3pm this afternoon, and took 600mg of Ibuprofen and went for a walk to see if these endorphins would kick in!  Sat with a heat pack on now, low grade pain but not unbearable.  I have to be in work tomorrow as they can't get cover. Wish me luck!  Really hope the chiropractor  can help you tomorrow. Please let me know how you get on.  xx

Annie0710

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 04:21:23 PM »

I will Defo update! I don't expect to be cured tomorrow, but a firm diagnosis and the start of treatment will be nice

We were out in the car earlier and every bump in the road really jolts me and hurts the back which then hurts the arm, so I'm convinced this is bone/nerve related as opposed to muscular

Tried to nap this afternoon, had to take ibroprufen to get comfy enough to sleep but boy did it hurt when I woke 30 mins later

Work was very hard this week, I landed myself a lovely job in January in payroll, extremely busy and fast paced and work long long hours Monday's and Tuesdays to get candidates paid this week then just half day Wednesday's 😀

Hope my shoulder is ok Tuesday next week, I have to combine 2 days work in the one plus cover someone's annual leave 😧

Annie xx

Irishangel

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 05:51:50 PM »

Oh you poor thing! Its so hard to concentrate when you are in pain! Well hopefully tomorrow will be the start of helping you!  My manager has been very understanding (maybe due to the fact I did this in work! ) but he said to take time out and rest if I need to, and if i feel as the day goes on I need to go home, thats ok too.  I just hope another day on I will feel a little bit better.  Fingers and toes crossed , all goes well for you tomorrow. xx

Annie0710

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 06:38:11 PM »

Our pain sites and levels seem so similar it'll be interesting for you in case you need to go see someone

I wonder how I'll feel when this is over ? As this and light headedness has been at the forefront lately.  Saying that, I had about 10 mins at work the other day with a really (more than usual) painful right knee

Oh the joys

Annie xx

GeordieGirl

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »

I thought my neck pain was down to stress - that familiar knot in the shoulders and stiffness. It's only when the HRT kicked in I realised it has actually subsided, I simply hadn't made the connection previously.  I'm hoping it will stay away, the Utrogestan and Oestrogel seem to be doing the trick at the moment and I'm not sure which has resolved it, but it's proving a good combo for me.

I hope you find some relief soon,
GG x

Irishangel

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2015, 09:19:33 PM »

Annie: yes will be interesting to see what they say at the chiropractor.  Hope it all goes well. It would be so nice just to have pain free night and sleep! lol
Georgiegirl: That's very interesting that you have had relief after HRT.  Hormones have a lot to answer for!  I'm thinking of starting to take magnesium as it is supposed to be good for muscles and joints.  if it works I'll let you know! :) xx

Annie0710

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »

Irishangel:  I've just started on magnesium and calcium

Geordiegirl: you do realise you make me envious about the progesterone ? Even if I was offered it and made no difference I could then tick it off my 'tried' list !!!! Hope you're keeping well. Are you back home yet ? Xx

Annie xx

Annie0710

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2015, 04:15:30 PM »

Went to chiropractor

Because my history is complicated to say the least, I didn't get treatment today (but it's not as bad thank god), I've got an appt next Friday where he will give his diagnosis and start treatment

He wonders whether I have chronic fatigue syndrome , I hate these diagnosis' where people can easily think it's all in the mind.  But I think he wants time to mull over all my symptoms, he's not convinced it's meno related (the one thing that really confuses me is I had all the meno symptoms 16 years ago, bit cruel dishing them out a 2nd time round !)

Anyhow, reflexes are definitely weaker on left arm although strength is there, the golf tee ****ing my hand wasn't as strong.  He can feel all the knots down the spine and in the neck but I was born with a foot deformity so I'm guessing he wants to read up on that too

We shall see, off to Wentworth tomorrow with OH and chiropractor said to expect pain from standing and being on the go all day, the thought of is shattering me

Did I mention he poked and prodded me ? Omg it was heaven !!!!

Oh yes ...... Cold compresses to ease pain (with painkillers) I'd be doing hot water bottle !

Annie xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4