Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ovarian cysts - where would you feel them? Other symptoms?  (Read 4551 times)

Lots of time for health anxiety when home sick.... But I do have a question for people who have/have had ovarian cysts. Where exactly would you feel them? Can they be cyclical? In the sense that if you had an ultrasound in March, when nothing was found, is it possible to have one now? My visit to the gyno was right after my period was over, if that matters. Besides pain, what other symptoms have you had? Yes, I could google but I prefer to hear about people's real experiences!

Re: Ovarian cysts - where would you feel them? Other symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 11:29:23 AM »

Where, more specifically, would you say you felt the pain? All over on one side, or in a specific place?

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »

Also noticed excessive mucus like when ovulating i.e. clear/stretchy. 

Hey, that's interesting as I saw LOTS more of this kind of mucus during this past ovulation (which I'm guessing took place about 2 days ago). I have a pain that "wanders" on my right side, sort of can be felt either closer to the belly button are or just above my genitals. I don't even know if that makes sense. I can sometimes also think that I have a slight bloaty feeling in that area. And backache too, sometimes.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 01:42:19 PM »

I just read this on a website, and thought it was pretty interesting:

"Our body continues to do all sorts of things to keep producing estrogen - make ovarian cysts, put on weight (usually in the midline), change the length of the menstrual cycle, etc. Our body still wants the estrogen of our youth into our forties and fifties to protect our bones, vagina, skin, eyes, and many other things besides reproduction. As menopause approaches, we eventually run out of eggs and the estrogen-producing cells in the ovaries. It is impossible to predict when that day will be - the day we are "in menopause". To confuse matters, every once in a while a new "cyst" might make a little estrogen after we think we are "in" menopause. We'll get mucous or a discharge, changes in moods, fewer hot flashes, bleeding, or any number of symptoms."

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 01:57:33 PM »

Sounds about 'right'  ::) - nuisance ain't it  >:(

I have never been aware of ovlulation/ovaries …..