Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Starflower results so far  (Read 32859 times)

FlorayG

Re: Starflower results so far
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2015, 02:38:23 PM »

Had you not considered HRT at anytime?
Or did your doc say no because your still younger?
For me I went through a lot of unnecessary hoops due to my peri.
My doc seemed to avoid the obvious  :o
 :-*
I haven't even been to see my doctor in the last 3 years. I figure if I can manage without I don't want HRT, after all menopause may be difficult at times but it's only natural. And TBH ANYTHING is better than my periods were so I'm not complaining!  ;D

Rowan

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2015, 03:04:49 PM »

There is evidence that the GLA in evening primrose oil helps some women with hot flushes, and starflower oil has contains more GLA then evening primrose oil.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/166937-benefits-from-taking-evening-primrose-oil-for-menopause/ 

It also has other health benefits too.

Most women get through the menopause without HRT and its lovely to hear on MM about women who have.

karin

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 07:21:19 AM »

Since starting this thread more than 4 months ago I thought I would update- I've genuinely only had 1 flush and maybe 3 incidents of  feeling warm at night. I'm still taking starflower and occasional fish oil but nothing else except for healthy eating. ive just turned 52 and am still having periods , but scant and gaps getting longer so would assume this year they will stop. If it's not too much to hope I feel like I've turned a corner. I Can still be a bit foggy, still ache a bit but am emotionally clam and content and better than for last 2 years. For some reason I'm able to sleep most nights again ( maybe 2 nights of being awake till 2-3am and 5 nights of solid sleep) my husband says the old me is back again. I don't know if starflower does this, but I do know that I will continue taking it, I hope other users are having a similar good effect

GeordieGirl

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2015, 08:19:40 AM »

So glad it's worked for you. We all take fish oil supplements and I'm sure it's helped my teens, who are calmer (in a teen sort of way). I haven't tried Starflower but may well put it on my list.

GG x

peegeetip

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2015, 08:47:23 AM »

How regular are your periods Karin, as I did not really get flushes and sweats in earnest till my periods were much wider apart.

Not trying to pour water on the starflower results but as your still having periods your probably lucky that your body is still producing enough hormones at the moment.

Either that or the starflower has woken things back up  :o ;)

Is it worth posting the before symptoms along with the now post starflower feelings ???

:-*

Joyce

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2015, 09:22:40 AM »

Glad it worked for you Karin. Wish it had worked for me, I really wanted it to.

karin

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2015, 12:44:09 PM »

Last summer I was having flushes every day, that was why I tried 3 months on HRT as work was becoming impossible, I was lying wide awake till dawn being both super hot and also completely unable to feel sleepy.
Did 3 months HRT and for me it wasn't right, I became overly emotional, confused and during progesterone phase, sweaty and unable to sleep.
Since stopping hrt I expected a lull for a couple of months then a full-on return, but 5 months on that hasn't happened.
I started starflower when I stopped HRT, prior to HRT I was having a period of sorts every 60 days or so ,  although they were different in their presentation, which I have read is what happens as you draw to the end of menstruation. so far  this year I  have had 2 periods

pj44

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2015, 06:35:51 AM »

How much starflower are you taking. I did try starflower but it made my ibs worse.. I do take efamol evening primrose oil which for some reason  my body tolerates..it certainly helps   

Sarai

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2015, 09:09:02 AM »

I take starflower oil and it does not stop my flushes or anxiety. In fact I really dont know what it does, i got it originally for sore boobs and it seems to work for that, but thats all.

Joyce

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2015, 10:33:56 AM »

It's really good for sore sore boobs. But if it works in place of HRT that's great too.

karin

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2015, 11:02:39 AM »

All these products are trial and error. I take X1  Holland and Barrett capsule. Every day and I also have a vit b with iron supp. I can only say how they make me feel I can't confirm efficacy for anyone else. I just know that I havent had a hot flush since October, and that last summer I was having them daily. Maybe I'm coming to the end ? Maybe I havent properly stared meno!! Who knows! I just know that for now I'm going to continue. I feel better now that 12 months ago but I realise that might change at any time. For us all, it's worth trying safe options if we feel we can't cope, at worst they won't work . If it ceases to work I shall try something else.

lily

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2015, 07:17:09 PM »

I started Holland & Barratt Starflower oil capsules yesterday (1000mg) and also sage leaf tablet (285 mg) and today have taken those in the morning and a black cohosh tablet this evening as I got them today (100 mg) - been getting desperate as flushes and night sweats have intensified.  Wondering if safe to take all of these together?  I have had some night sweats and a bit of flushing before, but it always stopped and went away again, I don't think it will this time - maybe getting further into all this now.  I have had missed periods sporadically over last 3-4 years, had gone to 6 weeks between periods with a few 10 weeks apart then around the end of last year I went back to being 4 weeks on the dot.  This time I am 2 weeks late, will be 53 at the end of this year.

robotwars

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2015, 08:38:41 PM »

I just wondered how you are all getting on the starflower oil, do you feel its working? Are you all still taking it?

lily

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2015, 07:21:36 PM »

I'm taking it still as I feel it helps a bit but alas not enough, so have Dr appt in a few weeks for hrt

hayjude

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2015, 07:05:44 AM »

I've been on HRT 5 months and experienced very uncomfortable breast tenderness since starting it.
I added in Starflower 1000 ( health span )3 months ago which has resolved the breast tenderness. So I am very happy with it and will continue with Starflower and HRT. Im 48.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]