Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Where do I go from here  (Read 2416 times)

Tigger99

Where do I go from here
« on: May 20, 2015, 11:02:21 AM »

Hi Ladies
Well over the past 6 months I have had every test going, all of which have come back clear thankfully but still my periods last for weeks on end. I have to go back to the hospital in a years time to check on a cyst I have but as for my prolonged periods they couldn't find an answer so am I just to presume it is Peri? My periods usually start as a brownish discharge about 4-5 days prior to my actual period which is heavy for a couple of days then seems to stop and returns about 4 days later, not really heavy but there when you wipe. This will then last for another few days. I usually get a week and a half to 2 week break before this starts all over again.
Should I go back to the Dr's or just accept it as Peri? I am 46, not on HRT and otherwise feel fine. It is like my periods have gone totally haywire and I am just fed up.  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Where do I go from here
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 11:25:18 AM »

If you are worried then ask your Practice Nurse or GP but from where I'm sitting, it's similar to peri-symptoms  ::) - I was pretty much the same.  Intermittent periods, often a 'show' then nowt ........ nuisance value only, then they stopped  :-*

It's difficult to plan if periods become intermittent.  I carried sanitary protection for 5 years after I had stopped, just in case  ::)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 12:13:54 PM »

Tigger99 - did they not suggest a Mirena? This would probably sort out your problem and then if you develop flushes etc. as your oestrogen levels drop, you could then just add some oestrogen in gel or patch form.
My peri stage was similar to the symptoms you are describing - unfortunately bloods tests etc, don't necessarily show that you are in peri.  Dg x

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 12:42:01 PM »

I agree with Dancing my pal had one for the same thing after 4 weeks she was fine u can only ask
You cant keep bleeding its not natural

Tigger99

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 12:52:07 PM »

Thank you ladies I really appreciate your comments. It is just great to talk to other people that understand. I may ask about the Mirena, hopefully it will be the answer  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 01:21:00 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 01:35:38 PM »

The mini pill will also stop the bleeding if you are ok with progesterone and would give you birth control too.

Honeybun
X