Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The elderly.  (Read 8694 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: The elderly.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 10:56:11 AM »

I agree that maybe now is the time to get more carers in, so that you can return to being the daughter; however, if she really isn't aware of her behaviour then the insults etc. may still fly in your direction: damned if you do/don't.  Enjoy your break!

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 06:50:41 PM »

Mother always throws some challenges our way.

Last night after dinner she started to feel sick.....she was up all night with S&D. Poor thing. Bad enough for those of us who can move quickly, challenging for her.
Sis unfortunately was the one on clear up duty as I was at hospital with hubby although I did offer to go and help. Don't know where she got it as she never really goes anywhere. She was out on Saturday to a shopping Center but she didn't eat anything and never visited a loo and was in her own wheelchair all the time. Maybe a carer brought it in .....I cook all her dinners but I'm very hygiene conscious so I really doubt it was me.

Who knows...it was a brutal night for her but it has gone quite quickly so I don't think it was noro virus.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 08:54:33 PM »

S&D not nice for anyone as it is very draining, glad it was over with quickly though.  You never know with these bugs. May well have been a carer bringing it in. Hope nobody else catches it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 09:12:58 PM »

You offered to help your Sis quietly though  ;) ………..

Hopefully your Mum will be 'over it' by tomorrow.  It can be draining so her fluid intake needs to be kept an eye on.

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 09:16:47 PM »

She is drinking CLKD, she has been told.....a lot.

She seems ok now if a bit washed out.

And yes I offered very quietly, but I did offer with my fingers crossed  ::)

Don't know what caused it though as the carers have all been asked and everyone and other patients seem to be fine. It's a real mystery to be honest.

Honeybun
X

Scampi

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 07:04:00 AM »

It may not have been a 'bug' - it could just have been something that irritated her gut.  In the elderly the gut can be much more sensitive, and once it gets irritated it works to empty itself completely ASAP.  Don't stress over where your mum may have picked up whatever it was, just support her recovery.
Pages: 1 [2]