Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dizziness/Off Balance  (Read 22073 times)

Suzi Q

Re: Dizziness/Off Balance
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 12:04:22 PM »

My anxiety isn't nearly as bad today but I feel soooo off balance, I wouldn't say dizzy like everything's spinning but almost like I'm a little bit drunk, woozy but not in a sickly way if that makes any sense?? Kind of like the feeling you get while on a boat, anyone else get this?
I wrote a whole POST on this a few years back its one of the worst PRE meno symptoms@less known one
I had brain scans etc they were looking for a Tumour ended up take your pick meniers or sinus(37 early)
Of course it wasnt it was meno I found chiropractors helped a lot I cut back to almost zero Milk products
I went to GP who gave me Stemital to take I learnt after a while when the attacks were coming on
Not for another 3 years did someone put it together. It started suddenly one Friday night in work June
It was the April before I was finally taken to hospital and had the tests that showed nothing wrong
So it is normal see your GP about sick tablets which help the dizzies as I call them xxxxxxx

oldsheep

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 02:21:19 PM »

have you had your blood pressure checked? It could be low?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 02:22:57 PM »

I have a nerve in the back of my neck which if I bend my head backwards or move head suddenly it goes kind of 'woosh' inside  ::) and I feel momentarily 'dizzy'.  DH has this too.  Wear and tear in the upper cervical spine maybe?

Briony

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2015, 04:40:23 PM »

HRT/the pill massively improved this for me (to the extent, until I saw your post, I fogot I used to get it!). At the time I was convinced it was low blood sugar, but now realise that was not the case x

jedigirl

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2015, 05:16:36 PM »

I have this most of the day, though it generally is alot better by evening.
I can relate to the fizzy tummy too samanthalois. As long as 4 years ago i remember feeling like a tummy bug was coming regularly and remember describing it as fizzing.
Can't say I've found an answer to either, they've just changed as time goes on  ::)

warwick01

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 02:17:41 PM »

I agree with SuziQ. I started with this in peri (first symptom) and suffered many years to the extent I was afraid to leave the house. Gave up a good job in TV.

Over the last 10 months the dizziness/off balance has got worse so just changed to a combi HRT and have noticed an improvement immediately with the dizziness. Although suffering other symptoms like low mood and nausea. Hoping this will settle as it's only been 4 weeks on Angeliq combi.

SuzieQ - it was your early post that helped me as deep down I new it was hormonal ;)

Briony

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 04:28:41 PM »

Bless you , Suzie Q. I remembered how much one of your posts helped me back along too and am still grateful to you!

Funnily enough, I had the dizziness for the first time in ages last night. Then today, randomly, I have started to bleed. (On the pill so usually v regular - today day 19).
Doc says random spotting on the pill is usually a sign that it's too low a dose of oestrogen (mine is the lowest there is).  Makes sense.

I used to get so annoyed when people (family) said my dizziness was in my head or just anxiety as I knew there was a pattern to it. Now when I get it, I don't panic like I used to.  .I have this internal dialogue: 'right, girl. It's annoying but you now know what it is; it's just your hormones; you won't die; it's a bummer, but it will go. Just chill, girl'.  Sounds mad but repeating this to myself (in my head!) prevents me from worrying and making thieving worse. Hope that makes sense!

warwick01

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 05:21:15 PM »

Hi Briony,

I can relate with everything you say. I can still remember the first it happened I was having a really heavy bleed. Then after every month the week before my period. It was scary. Doctors said it was middle ear problem, vestibular problem. But I always it was my hormones. No one would listen ??? therefore I have suffered this problem too long.

Fingers crossed at 56 and just started a combi HRT things will get better and I will gain my confidence back! W

Briony

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 07:35:52 PM »

Fingers crossed for you W - and everybody else in the same horrid boat!! x  :foryou:

Annie0710

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 08:35:41 PM »

Bless you ,

I used to get so annoyed when people (family) said my dizziness was in my head or just anxiety as I knew there was a pattern to it. Now when I get it, I don't panic like I used to.  .I have this internal dialogue: 'right, girl. It's annoying but you now know what it is; it's just your hormones; you won't die; it's a bummer, but it will go. Just chill, girl'.  Sounds mad but repeating this to myself (in my head!) prevents me from worrying and making thieving worse. Hope that makes sense!

I did exactly the same, I'd panic when I felt off balance, which increased the intensity, now I too tell myself I've survived all the others and I haven't fainted so as much as I don't like them and can't wait to see the back of them, I'll cope with the future ones

Horrible hortible symptom

Annie xx

SallyG

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2015, 05:15:23 AM »

I just can't believe how awful I felt yesterday. The dizziness almost knocked me off my feet. It was like a panic attack but I know its hormone depletion. I have a knowing pain in my left ovary side and generally just want to hide under the duvet. But feel like I have to soldier on despite feeling terrible.

What a crazy thing this is.
Sallyx

Ju Ju

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2015, 06:08:24 AM »

Interesting. Never thought this being hormonal. Over the last few years, just occasionally, I'd be walking along when I would become dizzy and would have to stop and hold on to something or someone while things settled down. As it didn't happen often enough, I didn't do anything about it. I do not suffer from anxiety or depression fortunately.

warwick01

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2015, 09:05:06 AM »

Ju Ju

I can relate to that. Still happens when I walk around shops or down the street. For me it got worse closer to full menopause.

People including close family don't really talk about this subject but I recall my Nan telling me she suffered giddy turns when she was going through the change!!! I guess these were the same?

W

Ju Ju

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 09:17:25 AM »

Interestingly I don't think I have had any episodes since starting HRT.

warwick01

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 04:59:10 PM »

Ju Ju - which HRT are you on??
Pages: 1 [2] 3