Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Elleste 2mg  (Read 2647 times)

diva

Elleste 2mg
« on: May 14, 2015, 10:45:20 AM »

Hello all,
I had my doctors appointment this morning and it went well. She is a new doctor I have not met before, but she took time to listen and was very supportive and understanding.

I asked about bio identical hormones, but she said that the findings of research generally depended on what research you are reading and that there is no conclusive evidence that they are 'safer'.

I am not sure that is true, as I have read some pretty convincing stuff about natural progesterone.

She has prescribed Elleste 2mg. Has anyone got any experience of this? Good or bad. I had suggested Femeston to her as I know lots of ladies on here say it is more gentle, but she said this one was usually well tolerated. It is hard to argue when she see women who take this every day. It is a trial for 3 months so we will see what happens.

After describing my synonyms she signed me off work for another 2 weeks. I hope I might feel a bit better by then. How long do you think before I feel the effects?

I only hope I don't feel worse! Feeling nervous now.  :-\

dazned

Re: Elleste 2mg
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 11:02:50 AM »

I first started on estelle 1 mg and was really good on it. Try to be positive and not look for "bad" things on it,easier said than done I know! Just dont try to prempt it is all Im saying,it can take up to 3 months to get into your system and for your body to adjust to what is essentially something extra to it. Mine took about that yours might be sooner. Hope you settle quickly at least it sounds like you have a sympathetic dr thats good.

diva

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 11:18:08 AM »

Thanks,
you are right - I should stop over analysing!!
Thank you
x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 11:22:38 AM »

Hi diva

The good news is that the oestrogen in Elleste is bio-identcial - it is estradiol in tablet form. Also remember that the doctor will see a lot of women on HRT and those on here will be more likely the ones who have encountered problems. Therefore until you've tried it you won't know. Really she should have given you the product you asked for but you may tolerate Elleste perfectly well!

I agree with dazned - don't worry and look forward to feeling much better for most of the time - you will still get periods and some pmt (most likely) but you should feel better overall with it, than without it, hopefully  :)

Hurdity x

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 02:38:12 PM »

I was put on elleste solo 1mg and within days I felt better, then couple of weeks later symptoms were returning so I was given 2mg, been on it 16 years with no problems, however, tried to change to patch and felt terrible with a 4 day migraine so went back to tablet form

I wonder whether I overloaded myself with oestrogen (it was 80mcg?) and put it on @20 hrs after taking the last pill

That wasn't a typing error, I swear it only took days to kick in with me

Annie

diva

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 07:18:23 PM »

Good to hear reassuring things about Elleste - so thank you.

Feeling hopeful!

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 09:40:44 PM »

I think you make a very valid point Hurdity.

Reading this forum you would naturally assume that most women really struggle with HRT and that it's very tricky to find the right regime.

But I bet there are hundreds of thousands of women who settle well on the first HRT they try and never look back.