Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A bit of advice please  (Read 10181 times)

pepperminty

Re: A bit of advice please
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2015, 05:57:03 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

oo-er indeed . and a drum role!! ;D

All humour aside , I am looking forward to the day I have the energy to enjoy myself. I am glad you are spreading your wings and living life to the full. I hope to get to the stage where I can work and have enough energy to enjoy life outside work rather than get home and be too exhausted to move . That's my goal. Life is too short . I am looking for a job at the moment , so wish me luck. Let's hope the HRT eventually gives me the ability to wash up at least, although they don't put that as one of the pro's of taking it along with prevention of heart disease and osteoporosis. ::)

Peppermintyxx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2015, 07:34:58 PM »

Hi Pepperminty

I have posted about my consultant appointment if you want to read the details (I was quite disappointed). But in a nutshell she said that taking a higher dose of oestrogen all month won't necessarily stop your mood from really dipping a few days after you stop taking the prog.' But she said that all women are so different, that she couldn't say for certain.

She did think my oestrogen patch of Estradot 25mg was really too low, because I am still 'very young' (I am 44). She would prefer me on a 50mg patch as that would better protect me against hot flushes. But I have never had a hot flush. So...?

She also said she was quite happy for me to not have a withdrawl bleed this month, if I wanted to avoid a potential 'mood dip' just before we go on holiday at the end of next week. She was very casual about when to take the Utrogestan, and said that so long as I allowed myself a bleed every 8 weeks or so, then she was fine with that and that I could manipulate the Utro' to suit my lifestyle.

pepperminty

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2015, 06:33:37 AM »

Hi GRL,

Crickey, I read your post , how disappointing. Thank goodness you are on a regime that suits you and don't have to change , because she was hardly inspiring! Sometimes doctor's get a little antsy if they suspect the patient is well informed . As others have said perhaps she is menopausal !! I hope my appointment in a month is better than that. I do hope you have a fab holiday.
I was knackered yesterday and this morning a bit achy but my mood is alright. I have noticed some light brown stuff down below (sorry TMI) very , very light , but this is new for me, so not sure if its normal as I am on the end week of my combined bit of the pack. I am wondering what this signifies if anything?

Peppermintyxx
Pages: 1 2 [3]