Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: toe nail fungus  (Read 13441 times)

gina123

toe nail fungus
« on: May 11, 2015, 06:07:40 PM »

anyone had toemail fungus and a feeling of tingling under nail?
thanks
gina

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: toe nail fungus
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 09:08:33 PM »

Nope.  You could show it to a Pharmacist for advice but certainly make an appt. with a chiropodist!

countrybumpkin

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 04:49:08 PM »

toe nail fungus does not normally cause any sensory symptoms they just look yuk!   Good advice show it to pharmacist or your GP.

My husband has got fungus in his big toenail and the only treatement the gp could give was 6 month course of very strong anti fungal tablets that can badly affect your liver ( happened to a friend) so he saw private chiropodist who told him which paint on treatment to buy as only a couple are effective and he has been using it daily for 3 months and his toe is huge amount better but he must use it for a year to be sure of a cure. 

Morwenna

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 05:07:37 PM »

Neat Tea Tree oil got shot of mine...

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 06:35:09 PM »

Nothing got shot of mine - started in one toe nail and spread to the others. GP gave up and told me to paint over them with nail varnish.  ::) 

Taz x

mazzy

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 07:12:23 PM »

Someone told me to rub Vick Vapour rub into my toe nail, which I thought was really strange but it worked.  Really looking forward to wearing sandals this Summer and varnished nails.

dazned

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 07:32:29 PM »

I got told about the Vicks vapour rub too !

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 08:41:39 PM »

Tea tree oil has so many uses. Hubby used it on his toe as advised by a chiropodist, problem is all gone.

I used to rinse my kids hair with water and tee tree oil.....they never got head lice at school, so it works for both ends   ;D

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 08:42:54 PM »

So many choices  ;D

BrightLight

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 01:03:26 AM »

I think I might have had tingling sensations with mine.  Thankfully it has all healed up.  The chiropodist showed me how to remove the 'dead' skin, flaking skin from all around the nail with a small metal file that he gave me and to keep feet uncovered as much as possible.  He suggested letting them air dry and not to pat with a towel as this sends the fungus deeper.  Advised I use tea tree oil neat on the nails (all of them, not just the infected one) every day.  I did do this religiously for about a month and then infrequently, eventually the fungus went away.  Good luck :)

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 02:17:04 PM »

I HATE the smell of tea tree oil  ::) - but sitting with feet in a bowl of warm water really appeals  ;)

What did you decide to do?

pj44

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 04:16:51 PM »

Countrybumkin what was the name of the product that your husband used? Can we buy it or is only on prescription?? 

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 12:19:33 PM »

I've just bought some tea tree oil after reading this post - stupid question but do I have to take all my varnish off before applying it and do you apply it to the actual nail, underneath the nail or both?

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »

Not sure about the rest of it but I know you have to take off your nail varnish so that whatever you paint on the nail will sink in. I've tried lots of stuff over the years but never tea tree so will follow your nail story with interest... slowly... as it can take a year apparently .....  ;D

Taz x

BrightLight

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 12:48:58 PM »

It did take almost a year for mine to completely clear up, partly that new nail takes ages to grow. I just put a few drops of tea tree on a cotton wool pad and wiped each nail. Definitely worth the effort
Pages: [1] 2 3 4