Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tingling Hands & Feet and Numbness  (Read 18090 times)

Deb51

Re: Tingling Hands & Feet and Numbness
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 07:14:54 PM »

Thank you Briony! I love long winded replies and yours makes sense too.  I'm grateful for you encouraging words.
I have been keeping a diary and have noticed I get worse with PMT.  last month I had PMT but no period and I had terrible sweats and my hands and feet were on fire especially at night. It calmed down after 10days.
I intend to go to my GP and have further tests to see what hormones are causing it, I believe it is hormones as going to the gym and Pilates doesn't make any change to me so it's not a trapped nerve or a bad disc. Even tho the MRIs couldn't find one.
When it's bad it's scary and frustrating but when it calms down I'm so on a high to feel better I do gardening and make cakes etc before it flares up again, evenings are always worse tho.
I just don't understand why this all started straight after my operation, weird eh.

I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again xxx

Deb51

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 07:23:45 PM »

Meant to say, one of my friends sent me a link about the 34 Symptoms of menopause because she saw tingling hands and feet was on the list.  Having read it I googled it and found this brilliant forum  :)

Briony

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 08:02:07 PM »

Hang in there! xx

lindaket

• First Flush
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2021, 07:26:32 PM »

Hello I'm new to this forum.   I'm 51 and have all the usual menopause symptoms like hot sweats, lank hair, hair loss, foggy brain, mood swings,  irregular heavier periods and have been like this for about 10years.  But 6 months ago I had a shoulder op to remove a bone spur and damaged tissue. During the first 3months of recovery my arm was in pain with nerve buzzing!  When it started to calm down it spread to my other hand and eventually to my left foot.  I have had MRI scans and no nerve pitching can be found.  Now into the 6month it's in both hands and both feet although my right foot is not so bad.  I have numbness behind my toes too and my hands hurt.
If I am busy doing something or lost in a good film it can calm down and then it comes back as soon as I move or realise it.  I am being checked out by a neurologist at the moment but he doubts he will find a cause (I doubt too)
I've tested whether resting or using the gym has any effect and neither makes any change so I stick to the gym lol.
My question to you is how long have you suffered tingling hands and feet for and if you benefitted from any medicines or vitamins etc.? I'm a bit scared of HRTs side effects.
I have read other posts and am shocked so many women have such drastic life changing symptoms all made by our own bodies, it's so frustrating and depressing, men just don't understand do they!

Thanks ladies x
It's good you checked with the neurologist but to me it seems like polyneuropathy. The doctor hopefully knows what he's talking about.
Pages: 1 [2]