Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estriol loading, when will I know if it's working?  (Read 6881 times)

Ljp

Estriol loading, when will I know if it's working?
« on: May 07, 2015, 07:31:34 AM »

Hi ladies,
I started using estriol two weeks ago, as having unbearable frequency and irritated bladder issues, and soreness when intimate. I initially thought it was helping and felt very optimistic, then after having sex with my husband last weekend  :o the frequency ( mornings are always my worst time) was back with a vengeance, it was better yesterday, and will see how it goes today. I have booked to see my GP tomorrow to discuss way forward. I finish my two weeks loading tonight, then have marked my calendar for every third night.
Can it continue to improve even when on twice weekly? Or does that just maintain the result you achieve from the first two weeks loading?
Thank you xx

GeordieGirl

Re: Estriol loading, when will I know if it's working?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 08:14:14 AM »

Out of curiosity what are you using Lisa?  Whilst waiting for my GPs to get their act together I bought Estriol and Progesterone creams from Biovea and the former was a very weak solution. Estriol is also a very weak oestrogen compared to estradiol but also suspected to be anti-carcinogenic which was why I was keen on it.  I'm not sure how much you'd need for it have an effect though, have you tried altering the doses to see what works for you?

GG x

Jenna

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 08:44:49 AM »

Lisa - I would think that your GP will advise you to use the Estriol cream every day for a bit longer.

Ljp

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 11:40:17 AM »

Thanks for that. Feirduegurl im using estriol from Dr 0.01% I wanted to start with weakest to see how it goes.
Jenn, thank you, I did wonder if she might suggest that, is it safe to do so do you know!

Jenna

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 12:01:23 PM »

Jenn, thank you, I did wonder if she might suggest that, is it safe to do so do you know!

The GPs do sometimes advise that, so it must be OK as far as they are concerned! It all depends how long it takes for your tissues to look healthy I suppose, and then you can go onto the maintenance dose of twice weekly I would think.

GeordieGirl

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 08:17:34 AM »

Out of curiousity, was the Estriol prescribed by your GP? Is it under any brand name or just called Estriol cream?

GG x

Jenna

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 09:15:35 AM »

Hi GG,

Estriol Cream (Marlborough Pharmaceuticals) is called exactly that now and it has to be prescribed by a GP. It used to be called Gynest Cream, but it is the same product.

All the best for tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you.

Jenna xx

GeordieGirl

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 11:20:11 AM »

Hi GG,

Estriol Cream (Marlborough Pharmaceuticals) is called exactly that now and it has to be prescribed by a GP. It used to be called Gynest Cream, but it is the same product.

All the best for tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you.

Jenna xx

Thanks Jenna, and thanks for the warm wishes.

I'm on Estrogel but would actually prefer a mix of estriol with the estradiol. Although I'm feeling fine, my nipples are permanently erect and I'm wondering whether it'd be better having a less potent dose. I'll discuss with my meno doc when I see her in a couple of months.

Feeling positive about tomorrow, I'm just hoping the tests go ok and I can have treatment in the afternoon.

GG x

Jenna

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 11:42:26 AM »

Hi again GG - this Estriol Cream is used for vaginal atrophy, so I don't think it is what you are after. Here is the product info:-

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/spcpil/documents/spcpil/con1418272182537.pdf

Sorry, but I only know about the use for topical HRT and I hope your meno doc can sort out what you need.

Glad to hear you are feeling positive and I hope your treatment can be started tomorrow.

Jenna xx