Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel sequi question  (Read 3282 times)

TropicalVon69

Evorel sequi question
« on: May 05, 2015, 01:16:30 PM »

Hi ladies just a wee question.....picked up my evorel sequi prescription today and opened to find they are called system sequi....are these the same? Thanks

honeybun

Re: Evorel sequi question
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 01:44:10 PM »

Yes they are.

Honeybun
X

TropicalVon69

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »

Thanks Honeybun.....I am about 14 days into my cycle.....the pack says to wait until period starts but gynae said to put on straight away.....any idea?....to be honest I trust you ladies more than medics with advice lol......so just want to feel better....hope byou are doing well xxx

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 02:53:06 PM »

If your cycle is regular then wait, if it's not then you could be waiting a long time, in which case you might as well start now.

It can take a few months to settle if you are still having your own cycle but eventually you will know exactly when to expect a bleed.

When I first got these patches I hadn't had a bleed for about seven months, so I'm not much help with that.....sorry  ::)

Honeybun
X

TropicalVon69

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 04:26:17 PM »

OK thanks so much honeybun.....I don't k ow what I would do without this and other sites and all you ladies.....how did you get on with the patches?.....not sure what to expect really x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 04:27:25 PM »

Hi tropical.

W I picked up my script for Estradot 25mg patches and Utrogestan tablets I was already on day 13 of my cycle. My GP said it was fine to start straight away. So after only wearing a patch for 2 days I started taking the Utrogestan (only need to take it on days 15-26 of my cycle).

It wasn't the ideal time to start HRT but actually it was fine.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 04:52:44 PM »

So - TropicalVon - if you follow what GypsyRoseLee has done then you would start the combi patches now ( ie the Evorel - or System "conti" part of the pack which is oestrogen and progestogen). This should give you a bleed at approx the "normal" time though could be a few days earlier or later.

However if as honeybun says your cycle isn't regular at all ( ie you've missed months rather than days) then no harm in starting straight away.

Personally if you are not sure and your cycles are a bit irregular - I would just start on the combi patches now as above - but you wouldn't be able to tell if any side effects were due to the oestrogen, the progestogen or both! However if you give it 3 months you shold be able to tell and hopefully feel better!

Hurdity x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 05:00:43 PM »

Thanks for the advice ladies....I still have regular periods, week early or late usually....very nervous about starting Especially with the combo patch......thanks again for your input xxx

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 06:58:48 PM »

This was my first try with HRT and it was great. Within a few days my flushes stopped and I could sleep at night.
My cycle was regular and periods pain free and not heavy.

I stayed on them for about two years before moving to the conti version. I was having breakthrough bleeds.
I personally can't fault this kind of HRT at all. I'm now using just a half patch and still getting good symptom control.

Let us know how you get on.

Honeybun
X

TropicalVon69

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 07:31:39 PM »

That's great honeybun...what a great success for you and hope for us all....will let you all know how I get on...will put patch on tomorrow morning....xxx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 07:53:32 PM »

Try not to be nervous about the combi patch Tropical.

I was very nervous the first time I took the Utrogestan tablets. I think I expected a lightning bolt to strike me or something. But actually it was absolutely fine. I enjoyed the better quality sleep the Utro gave me.

I think I was just stressed about the whole HRT thing. It all felt quite alien and invasive, even though I had been desperate to start it. But I'm quickly coming to terms with it  :)

I'm sure you'll be fine.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 06:34:15 AM »

Thanks Gypsyrose.......glad you are feeling better and hopefully I will too soon.......I have been pretty tired so unsure whether to start combo now or wait until period starts.....will see how I feel xxx