Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Anal fissures  (Read 34756 times)

Rebelyell

Re: Anal fissures
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2015, 06:18:19 PM »

OMG - I used to despair at my MIL going on about her bowel movements, and here we are... it catches up with all of us. 

I sympathise with those of you that are bunged up - I have the opposite problem, as a result of four months on citalopram.  Was going to go to GPs about continual loose stools [every day at same time, regular as clockwork!  never used to have any regularity!] so am thinking of going tomorrow to put my mind at rest about the blood this morning.  It was only a tiny speck and was bright red, and I have had piles in the past [still have them I suppose, they just haven't come out!!].  But, like Annie I think my GP is fed up with me as I have been to see her once last week [was told it was anxiety] and once this week [she actually examined me and confirmed thrush].

My logical head says it is piles or anal fissure bleed, but my health anxiety is running away with me..

So, should I go, or should I stay??  [Can't remember who sang that...] I have to make emergency appt at 8am, or probably wait until middle of next week.  And what if my doctor isn't there and it is a man?!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2015, 06:21:01 PM »

OK Girls - anyone with bleeding piles (can't remember the actual thread, sorry so doing a hi-jack): get a bottle of food colouring, preferably red: drop 1 tiny amount, from a height, into a pint of cold water and see how it spreads.  That's what happens when a small amount of blood from the vagina/piles hits the water in the toilet bowl  ;).

Nature can be painful at times  >:( - if I find the 'right' thread I'll move this to it however  :-\

Rebelyell

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2015, 06:43:44 PM »

Thanks - that made me laugh!    I have read the thread on bleeding piles and found wonderful advice from Greenfields [I think] which suggests waiting a week as probably my blood was due to cut or piles caused by thrush irritation or the diarrhea caused by the thrush treatment.

It's great being a woman!

honeybun

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2015, 06:55:45 PM »

I use herbal drops to regulate the IBS runs.

They work a treat.

Honeybun
X

Rebelyell

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2015, 07:12:04 PM »

Can you tell me more about those drops Honeybun?

My CBT must be working as I am able to deal with the worry - a bit of 'OMG, I'm probably dying' but more 'of bugger, another little irritating health thing - I'll work through it'.

Actually read a Jeffrey Archer book today - couldn't put it down, and I'm usually a total literary snob...

honeybun

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2015, 07:27:46 PM »

Oh I love a bit of Jeffrey Archer  ::)

The drops are from Vogel and called Tormentil. 20 drops in a little water sometimes makes the difference between getting out in the morning....and not.
They are anti spasmodic and stop the IBS runs wonderfully.

I was prescribed them by Jan de Vries. He practises not far from me....he used to be on This Morning every week and he is very good.

Much better and more natural than Immodium.

You can get them online. They do last for a while.

Honeybun
X

Limpy

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2015, 07:31:48 PM »

Actually read a Jeffrey Archer book today - couldn't put it down, and I'm usually a total literary snob...

Don't like the JA person one little bit, and haven't read one of his books for ages.
However, as I remember it, he does write a gripping book.
I just don't like admitting it.........

honeybun

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2015, 07:36:36 PM »

Oh go on Limpy, you know you want to.  ;D

I started the Clifton Chronicles intending to read just one. I'm four in now and although I hate to admit it....I really enjoyed them.

Honeybun
X

Annie0710

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2015, 08:05:30 PM »

OK Girls - anyone with bleeding piles (can't remember the actual thread, sorry so doing a hi-jack): get a bottle of food colouring, preferably red: drop 1 tiny amount, from a height, into a pint of cold water and see how it spreads.  That's what happens when a small amount of blood from the vagina/piles hits the water in the toilet bowl  ;).

Nature can be painful at times  >:( - if I find the 'right' thread I'll move this to it however  :-\

It's all the same topic, don't worry x

Rebelyell

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2015, 08:17:36 PM »

It was book 2 of the Clifton Chronicles Honeybun!  I am trying to resist getting the next straight away!

We should start a book club thread.

Limpy

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2015, 02:57:20 PM »

OK ladies - Just downloaded Only Time Will tell onto my Kindle.

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2015, 03:09:54 PM »

:thankyou:  did anyone try the cochineal into a jug of water ?

As for reading, I re-bumped the book thread this week ……

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2015, 03:23:20 PM »

:lol:

Rebelyell

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2015, 04:04:46 PM »

I have to admit to binge reading today - gave in and downloaded book 3 last night...

I actually think Jeffrey fits well into this thread...  I think he would be pleased to have penetrated this far into our membership.  If you see what I mean.

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2015, 04:05:37 PM »

:o  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5