Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Anal fissures  (Read 34753 times)

Dandelion

Re: Anal fissures
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 02:59:03 PM »

I used to get a sore bum before I got my hrt, due to the bad ibs, which has come back a bit, but not as bad as before.
Anal fissueres sound painful, ouch, hope you get better soon.

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 06:01:20 PM »

I'm getting the feeling to go again ......
Problem is I haven't healed from last night !

Annie

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 07:04:32 PM »

Lots of cream to ease the skin! Then a warm bath after.  More cream.

Rebelyell

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 07:01:36 AM »

Advice needed - during bout of serious thrush I had a sore, uncomfortable feeling around anus and it looked very red an inflamed.  Ttoday a small amount of blood was on tissue after wiping.  Am telling myself it must be a tear as according to nhs website you do still have a desire to open bowels with anal fissure.   But, as anybody who has read my posts will know, I have mega health anxiety and obviously am thinking bowel cancer.  Can't get to doc still tomorrow!

Annie0710

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 08:55:15 AM »

Could it be piles ?

My experience of fissures is a tiny smearing of blood on the tissue (I'm talking a smearing much like wiping a blood test pin ****)

Hope you get your answers

I had the most frightening episode of constipation last week, no lead up, bowels were normal last Wednesday then I got sudden urge Friday before bed so went, couldn't pass it and it was bulging between vagina and anus, OH shouted asking if I'd fell down the loo so had to explain, I gave up in the end I was too sore (I never strain)
Went and took laxatives and went to bed with the horrible feeling I still needed to go

Got up Saturday, OH was on an all day/very late night golf do by mini bus and remaining son at home was a friends all weekend so home alone I got the sudden urge again, and still couldn't go, it was obvious by now that it was way too large to pass

Had to google, most were saying go A&E, terrible thoughts were running through my head, the pain I was in and the embarrassment

I came across a great post explaining how to do the manual evacuation that the docs would do, and luckily I had the tools for the job without leaving home, so every time I got the urge I did helped it, I felt totally battered and bruised and can't explain the pain but got there in the end, I don't understand why it's happened, I'm eating fruit and veg and drink plenty but  I've not  opened my bowels again since Sunday

Annie xx

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 09:10:59 AM »

Have you tried Fibogel. I find it great for regulating things and its gentle rather than purging.
Maybe a visit to your GP might be an idea.

Hope you manage to go soon as its very uncomfortable.

Honeyb
x

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 09:16:13 AM »

It's my day off work today Honeybun so will go buy some, im not good at taking liquid medical things but really don't want a repeat episode so will definitely take some

Thank you xx

Annie xx

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 09:40:16 AM »

It's really not that unpleasant.

Let us know how you are  :hug:

Honeyb
x

Winterose

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 10:23:19 AM »

You poor girl , I feel for you - literally.

ancient runner

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 11:13:11 AM »

One of my kids used to get a small fissure when he was a baby - nothing worked until someone suggested Vaseline on/just inside the bum. It worked a treat - I think it was a kind of poo lubricant and everything just kind of flew out rather than any friction being involved.
TMI? I'll get me coat...

Annie0710

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 11:22:56 AM »

No not TMI, if nobody ever gave the right information is not have survived last Saturday

Sparkle, that's what happened to me only I had the bath afterwards, I was alone and really panicking, I can only liken the pain to labour but I swear it hurt more ! I was convinced, even after my DIY manual (and I really do mean manual = gloves/Vaseline/dog poo bags) that I must've suffered internal damage , Sunday I went normally but I assume it was the result of the laxatives but haven't been since, no urge, nothing

OH got home 1am and after I explained he felt sad I was alone but said if it ever happened again he would know how to deal with it

Annie xx

dahliagirl

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2015, 01:21:02 PM »

If you are having problems with hard stools, you need a stool softener.  The cheapest lactulose (very farty) Laxido and movicol are more expensive, but effective and gentle.  They hold on to water, so you need to drink plenty (no need to go overboard though!)

My daughter was given lactulose and glycerine suppositories for a fissure as a child.  Glycerine suppositories are the best thing for removing hard stuff from the bowels.  They break it down and provide a bit of lubrication making them pass easily.  I think they make your bum sting though, but they have their place.  Savlon does help  ;)

If you are passing dry, hard stools, fibogel is not the best thing.  If your transit time is slow, the contents of your intestine dry out in the colon, where fluid is reabsorbed and slow your intestines down. Things like fibogel dry out and add to the blockage.  Same for things like bran.  The sort of fibre in fruit and veg and porridge is better.

Stimulant laxatives just push the dry stuff along and hurt (senna, ducosate)  :-\  I nearly fainted on the loo in the middle of the night with ducosate (the one that gives 'gentle overnight relief!')

Kiwi fruits are full of fibre and I have heard that they have an 'enzyme' in them which stimulates the bowels.  If you have one for breakfast every day, you will get regular soft stools.  2 will shift anything. (Give me a sore throat though, due to oral allergy  ::) )

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2015, 04:31:04 PM »

Thanks Dahliagirl.  My GP gave me Colpermin peppermint capsules and Motillium to swallow within 1 hour of eating main meals.  After 3 days I felt a different person, the treatment saved my Life.  My bowel had stopped doing the proper spasm so wasn't passing anything …… and I felt so bloated  :beaurk:

Fibogel double  :sick02: ……..  ;D I by-passed the middle woman and shook the packets into our compost  ::).  Senna doesn't work my bowel either.  However, drinking Acimel x 3/4 daily made a HUGE difference to my bowel content and I really noticed when we were away from home/fridge and I didn't drink any.  I took that for years until about 18 months ago when I went 'off' it completely  :-X

I found that Granola (Lizie's) worked wonders, a small bowl each morning for breakfast and my bowels have been OK …… fortunately I've never suffered a fissure but have seen patients with them  :o

Annie0710

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2015, 04:54:28 PM »

I don't think I've been worrying , as I passed a stool the next day with no problems, my BM have been all over the place in recent months, loose one time, hard the next, I've been taking pro20 biotics for @3 years now with no problems, even have written on here how I don't get IBS anymore and now I've tempted fate !

I might have a very quiet word with a pharmacist for advice, I'm actually embarrassed to go see gp about anything now as I think they're fed up with me moaning about menopsuse when they say there's nothing they can do for me, they referred me to a Gynae and I'm not joking I think he had his speech ready for when I walked in there saying there's nothing but they can do, I'm 48, menopausal , already on hrt and basically I'm just aging before my time

i can't eat kiwi (exotic fruit allergy) otherwise I would've definitely tried that as I loved them

Annie xx

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2015, 05:21:02 PM »

Pharmacists have private rooms these days. Let us know how you get on!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5