Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bio identical HRT advice please ladies  (Read 2236 times)

feduphormones

Bio identical HRT advice please ladies
« on: May 03, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »

Hello. I'm in premature menopause at 39. Looking for info and advice on personal experience of bio identical HRT  please? I've read and heard it's quite good. Doc has referred me to gynae and I'll be seeing her on Thursday. Looking for names and info on this so I can ask for it. Quite desperate at the mo because Livial isn't touching sides with me. Struggling with mood swings, tiredness, joint pain, hot flushes and the list goes on. I haven't a choice really I need HRT as much as I don't want any medication. But my family deserve the real me back again and I can't deal with who I am right now. Please help  :meltdown:

Kathleen

Re: Bio identical HRT advice please ladies
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 01:55:57 PM »

Hello feduphormones.

I am sure some knowledgeable ladies will be along to advise you but in the meantime I wanted to let you know you are not alone in what you are going through.

The more help you have the more likely you will find the regime that works best for you.

Wishing you well and keep us updated with your progress.

Take care.

K.

feduphormones

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 02:01:11 PM »

Thank you. I hope so. x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 02:05:56 PM »

Firstly, most HRT preparations have bio identical oestrogen apart from Prempac/premique (which is equine sourced) - so the others will be as natural as you can get. You have two options for progesterone if you want to have bio identical or, at least, close to bio identical.
Utrogestan is the try bio identical and suits many women however it does need to be taken on an empty stomach (which can be a nuisance) and can make you feel slightly sedated. You take Utrogestan either sequentially or continuously and use oestrogen separately in either pill, patch or gel form.
The alternative, which you may find the most convenient to start with, is Femoston which comes as pills. The progesterone is close to bio identical so is very popular.  There are sequi and conti versions and it seems to suit many women very well.
Even if you are post meno - so haven't had a period for over 2 years - I would still start by using a sequential form of HRT which results in a monthly withdrawal bleed to protect the uterus as it gives you a better chance to gage whether the progesterone suits you.
Do check out the HRT Preparations section on this site to get really clued up.
Keep us posted.  DG x