Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Does the time of day make a difference?  (Read 3547 times)

pepperminty

Does the time of day make a difference?
« on: May 02, 2015, 04:22:16 PM »

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if the time of day you take HRT tablets (in my case femeston 1/10) makes a difference?
I take mine early in the morning and have noticed I seem to perk up mid morning . Anyway the next morning when I wake up I feel awful like a hangover. Is this because the oestrogen has worn off from the day before? And this happens every day.
Has anyone else found this ? and is there an explanation eg - it's wearing off ?

thanks Pepperminty xx

Chocolatechaos

Re: Does the time of day make a difference?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 06:41:59 AM »

Yes this is exactly how I felt on elleste duet tablets that I took at breakfast time. I have now switched to evorel sequi patches and so far I have felt way better in the mornings. I think that the half life of oestradiol is 12 hours so not surprised I felt like that.

LeeJane

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 07:21:08 AM »

Thanks for these posts, ladies. I take my HRT (Elleste Duet 1mg) about 7am.  I also wake up feeling like I have a hangover, then perk up and have decent energy level till about 3pm then slump. 

I hadn't even connected it. 

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 08:04:15 AM »

Hi Leejane,

Yes I have the slump around 3 pm too!  I wonder if anyone can come along on the post with ideas and solutions? Maybe as chocolateC  says , this doesn't happen with patches?

When I was on prempac (which is stronger ) last year I didn't have this problem , in fact I had more energy at 5pm and could even do the washing up in the evenings , which sounds pathetic , but I couldn't before due to extreme fatigue. But I had to stop taking it though because I had an extreme reaction to the progesterone.

Pepperminty xx

LeeJane

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 08:28:08 AM »

Hi Leejane,

Yes I have the slump around 3 pm too!  I wonder if anyone can come along on the post with ideas and solutions? Maybe as chocolateC  says , this doesn't happen with patches?

When I was on prempac (which is stronger ) last year I didn't have this problem , in fact I had more energy at 5pm and could even do the washing up in the evenings , which sounds pathetic , but I couldn't before due to extreme fatigue. But I had to stop taking it though because I had an extreme reaction to the progesterone.

Pepperminty xx

Hello Pepperminty

Thanks for replying.  How I deal with the 3pm slump is to have a sleep.  About an hour.  I am very lucky in my lifestyle that I am able to do that.  If I worked full time, I really can't imagine how I would cope.

We eat lunch at 1.30pm, clean up and by then is about 3pm and I go into the lounge and SHUT THE DOOR, lay down on sofa and sleep.  I have trained everyone NOT to open that door, unless the house is on fire!

Then emerge and have fairly energetic productive evening. 

LOL, hear you on the being able to wash up in the evening.  I was the same.

I am thinking of coming off the Elleste Duet 1mg as it doesn't seem to be doing me much benefit. 

I had assumed that menopause was all about yelling and screaming but I find that I am shut down rather than angry.  I can hardly be bothered to speak, let alone get annoyed and yell.  I have no patience with anything but again, not in an angry way as I thought I would get, in a completely not interested way.

I could quite happily go a whole day, not speak and just look at a wall.  Then would feel I had thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I also notice these days I am much more assertive and will speak up for want I want.  I think this is meno too, I used to be overly worried by what other people thought, now I don't give a hoot!!  When they are pushing me to do something that is actually their responsibility I see it clearly and shrug it off.  Heck I got enough to do to try and get through the day doing my own responsibilities without taking on some one elses!   ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:30:44 AM by LeeJane »

pepperminty

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 10:09:35 AM »

Hi Leejane ,

I know exactly what you mean. Perhaps you need a stronger HRT or different type. I don't get angry either , I just haven't got the energy . I am hoping that I get better care if I am referred to the meno clinic and perhaps they will suggest something to improve things. I am less filtered than I use to be also . I just hope as it is early days for me things improve , but at the moment they seem to be getting worse in some respects, and slightly better in others . Who are those lucky ladies that sale through and find HRT is fabulous from the off?

Pmintyxx

LeeJane

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 10:21:14 AM »

Hi Leejane ,

I know exactly what you mean. Perhaps you need a stronger HRT or different type. I don't get angry either , I just haven't got the energy . I am hoping that I get better care if I am referred to the meno clinic and perhaps they will suggest something to improve things. I am less filtered than I use to be also . I just hope as it is early days for me things improve , but at the moment they seem to be getting worse in some respects, and slightly better in others . Who are those lucky ladies that sale through and find HRT is fabulous from the off?

Pmintyxx

LOl!  I don't know who those ladies who sale through are but I would like to slap them, only I haven't got the energy!!   ;)

I have a review on the HRT on 13th May.  My doctor is pretty switched on so hopefully will come up with some help then. 

That's a good way of putting it 'less filtered'.  Spot on, I find myself thinking 'oh clear off' when people approach me.  I just don't want to know!  I often find myself saying 'just give me a yes or no' when I ask hub something, he tends to ramble on.  I have zero patience for it!  I do actually rather like this about myself now.  I took far too much of other peoples nonsense before.

For me, the biggest help has been reading people sharing their experiences.  Such a comfort to know everything I am feeling is quite usual. 

Many thanks for your replies. xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 10:44:03 AM »

Yes I have noticed I am much less feisty than I used to be. My hubby and I used to spark off each other a few times a month. There'd be a few heated words and I would simmer with temper for a couple of hours.

I honestly can't remember the last time I felt like that? Is this good/bad? I don't know.

I feel a bit more disengaged from life in general. I cannot be added with friend's gossip. Or other people's issues or problems.

I think it's because this peri menopause has battered me so much emotionally that I desperately need to convalesce. Ideally I would like to check into an old fashioned sanitorium. 3 nice meals a day and quietly reading alone in a sunny conservatory while a pleasant nurse brings me a pot of tea.

pepperminty

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 11:42:24 AM »

Oh ladies ,

I am smiling at your humorous replies. I think that not so long ago they actually did lock us up in an asylum , and they called us mad, That's before the medical profession 'discovered the menopause/peri menopause ' and recognised all its glorious symptoms!

It's such a shame that funny , intelligent , fabulous women like you have to go through all this.
I think ladies these days have to cope with many more pressures , or at least different pressures now, and we are expected to cope and look great to boot.

I am afraid that at this point I cannot be all things to all people and something has to give. But I would like to be something to me or for me if that makes sense? We expect too much of ourselves. Ten years ago I could do everything , I maybe got tired , but never exhausted. Now I have to except that my capacity has diminished somewhat, but not to the point that there is no life or indeed joy in life?

Although we have to accept this to some degree , we want to feel better and be able to do more - Isn't that why we have turned to HRT? To make our lives bearable again and to be able to function once more?

It's frustrating that it hasn't yet happened , but we are trying!! It is not much to ask , is it?

I am lucky that I have been able to take a bit of time off work , but I do need to return , unless I win the lottery !!

I am on the progesterone tomorrow , wonder what joys that will bring ?

Pepperminty xx

LeeJane

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 01:10:54 PM »

Yes I have noticed I am much less feisty than I used to be. My hubby and I used to spark off each other a few times a month. There'd be a few heated words and I would simmer with temper for a couple of hours.

I honestly can't remember the last time I felt like that? Is this good/bad? I don't know.

I feel a bit more disengaged from life in general. I cannot be added with friend's gossip. Or other people's issues or problems.

I think it's because this peri menopause has battered me so much emotionally that I desperately need to convalesce. Ideally I would like to check into an old fashioned sanitorium. 3 nice meals a day and quietly reading alone in a sunny conservatory while a pleasant nurse brings me a pot of tea.

Yeah me and hub used to have banter going all the time, sparking off each other.  Playful as well as anger sometimes.   Now I can hardly to be bothered to say a word.   He misses the playful banter but I cant fake it.  Can not do it.  Physically and mentally unable too.

I had the same with gossip and friends problems.  I used to adore juicy gossip, get all excited but now I just don't care. I used to do voluntary counselling, had to stop.  I cant listen to it!! 

I have often thought I would like to check into a hotel for the whole of my menopause.  5 star, of course.  As you say, 3 meals a day brought to me, everywhere cleaned, laundry done.  Wouldn't that be nice?

I was a feisty, alert, aware, fast moving bird in high heels now I am a silent, slow lady in crocs!