Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bad Experience on Livial  (Read 3238 times)

Libralady

Bad Experience on Livial
« on: May 01, 2015, 07:58:43 PM »

just stopped taking Livial as the side effects were awful.
I have been on HRT a number of years, starting on combined patches but switched to estradot and utrogestan due to side effects with the progesterones in the patches. All well until last year when I had terrible bouts of bleeding that could last for weeks. Scan showed fibroids which I was told were stimulated to grow by the hrt. A few months ago I had a hysteroscopy privately and then put on livial. Good news is I have not bled since but have put on a stone in weight , have terrible sensations in my head of a feeling it is about to burst open and my blood pressure which is normally controlled with tablets has shot up. I also have developed a quick temper and am quite aggressive , my husband says my personality has changed since I started taking livial. I googled livial and have found numerous articles about the side effects. I am waiting to see my GP next week but felt I had to stop taking the tablets , only been a few days but I do feel better.
Now worried that all my menopausal symptoms will come back, not sure what to do going forward.

Sphere27

Re: Bad Experience on Livial
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 09:11:29 PM »

Hi I've just stopped my hrt due to side effects! Only 3 days but it's like a waiting game to see what will happen!! Maybe it will be ok!! I was asking about Livial as one that I've not tried yet!!
Good luck x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 08:45:12 AM »

Libralady - have you tried other HRT preparations? Femoston is very popular because the progesterone is kinder  and there is also the regime that is separate oestrogen as gel or patch with Utrogestan alongside for progesterone.
You don't have to put up with meno symptoms - it is about finding the right HRT for you.  DG x

Libralady

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 06:33:22 PM »

Thanks Dancing Girl. I have tried femseven and evorel patches but the progesterone did not agree with me. I then went on estradot patches and utrogestan 200. I had terrible bleeding, sometimes bleeding for weeks. After a scan was told I had fibroids which were being made worse by the HRT. I had a hysteroscopy and that's when the consultant I saw privately prescribed livial.
I am seeing my GP next week but don't know what to do.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 10:43:18 AM »

Libralady - if you have problems with fibroids and bleeding then you may find a Mirena would be a good option. Less progesterone is absorbed systemically, I believe it shrinks any fibroids and after the first few weeks you don't get any bleeding. You then just use oestrogen in patch or gel form alongside to help the flushes etc.  I had one for 4 years post meno and found it quite good and many women are very happy with this option.  I know it is the preferred HRT combo of many gynaes as it solves many problems to do with bleeding etc..  DG x

Libralady

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 07:15:03 AM »

Thank you again Dancing Girl. Before I was peri I had a mire a or should I say went through 3 more a coils. Given them away back for heavy bleeding. The first was in 5 years worked great, the second in shorter as I kept getting bleeding with it in. I had a hysteroscopy to check all ok and a new mite a put in but again it did not seem to help and caused me more problems so had it taken out. Was just not long after that I went on HRT.