Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: joint pains  (Read 6223 times)

mammacaz

joint pains
« on: April 29, 2015, 06:46:57 PM »

Hi there can anyone else tell me if they have had really bad joint and muscle pain in neck shoulders and legs during menopause and what they have found that helped relieve the symptoms it's agony and stating to get me down many thanks

Annie0710

Re: joint pains
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 07:27:33 PM »

Yes I do, my right side (knee/hip) and back are really troublesome, plus all over muscle aches, if they're more painful than usual I take iboprofen

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 07:28:23 PM »

:welcomemm: yep.  Many ladies complain about various aches and pains.  As oestrogen levels drop the muscles become lax/weaker.  = pain, stiffness …….. regular exercise to keep weight appropriate to ones frame, taking medication as necessary to ease pain and stiffness ……. swimming is a good starter as a non-weight bearing exercise and brisk walking helps stave off osteoporosis.

Browse round!

toffeecushion

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 10:11:22 PM »

I recently went to the doctors complaining of joint pain and they found out that I am vitamin D deficient.

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 10:19:06 PM »

I have ordered all the B vitamins , vit D and self medicating my b12 deficiency to see who is responsible for the majority of my symptoms, can't blame b12 for my VA but the rest are all overlapped, it's a process of elimination now

mammacaz

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 05:37:15 AM »

Thank you ladies for your replies think I will try some good vitamins as think I'm lacking something

mammacaz

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 01:14:36 PM »

Thanks will ask my unsympathetic doctor

yorkshirerose

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »

I've just been to my gp today with the same thing, terrible stiffness in toes and fingers - she's recommended cod liver oil but I'm also having a 'health check' at the end of the month with bloods so she can eliminate arthritis....driving me mad at the mo :(

TropicalVon69

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 06:10:25 PM »

Definitely, my shoulders and neck muscles are really tense and arms and neck clicks...and also get pains in my legs....xxx

Judith57

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 06:33:31 PM »

Everything hurts, my jaw clicks like crazy on my right side, my neck is really sore on the right side, I am developing a frozen shoulder on my right side. My ankles hurt, my big toe joints hurt, oh how I took my youth for granted!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:53:52 PM by Judith57 »

dazned

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 06:43:25 PM »

Well since starting vit B12 and Vit D my aches and pains have become worse !

Any thoughts anyone ?

lizzog

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 06:41:10 AM »

I've felt the same. Not sleeping well, having night sweats again after a few years absence. I take 50 patches, so assuming it's just another dip in hormones....

yorkshirerose

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 09:28:44 AM »

I've just been to my gp today with the same thing, terrible stiffness in toes and fingers - she's recommended cod liver oil but I'm also having a 'health check' at the end of the month with bloods so she can eliminate arthritis....driving me mad at the mo :(

Is she also checking your Vitamin D level?  Might be worth asking if this can be tested at the same time.  My GP was very surprised at how low mine was, her comment was 'after the lovely summer we've just had!'.  Just goes to show we can't necessarily get all we need from sunshine and eating oily fish, etc!  Also don't quote me but I think the better option is Omega 3 fish oil rather than cod liver oil due to the higher levels of EPA and DHA found in mackerel and herring.  I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can explain that better than me though.

S x

Thanks, will ask about vitamin D levels when I go  :)

FancyFeeNancy

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 12:06:12 AM »

I was surprised when I read this: hormonal imbalance is the primary cause of muscle tension in women approaching menopause
the complete article is here http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/muscle-tension.htm
hope that helps!  :(

Annie0710

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 09:09:03 PM »

I rest my case...... I need me some progesterone to balance me out !!!!

My pain is around my left lung at the back and is now giving me a weird dead arm feeling 😟

Annie