Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Confused about what is day one on sequi HRT.  (Read 1697 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Confused about what is day one on sequi HRT.
« on: April 29, 2015, 03:36:32 PM »

Have got this wrapped round my neck. Using Estradot 25mg and 200mg of Utrogestan on days 15-26.

Took my last Utro last Tuesday night. Bleed started last Saturday. So, was last Saturday day one of my next cycle? Or was it last Friday?

Help!

Dancinggirl

Re: Confused about what is day one on sequi HRT.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 03:41:02 PM »

The day after you stopped taking Utrogestan would be Day1.  So if you took your last Utrogestan on Tuesday Day one would be the Wednesday. DG x

dazned

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 03:43:41 PM »

You take utrogestron last 12 days so as Dancinggirl says day 1 in your case would be wednesday .

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 08:34:35 PM »

But I took the Utro from day 15 - 26. So wouldn't the day after I stopped be day 27 (Weds) then day 28 (Thurs). Then the Friday be day one?

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 08:42:17 PM »

Yes GypsyRoseLee - you are exactly right - you don't adjust the days of your cycle depending on your bleed as this can be unpredictable. Day 1 was Friday. This is correct!!! Not Weds!!!

When you start sequi HRT you are supposed to start the first one of the first pack on Day 1 which is the first day of your bleed - but this is a bit academic since for many women who have skipped periods the cycle is irregular! However once you;ve got going you just keep on counting. Sometimes women adjust the cycle length a bit depending on hols etc which doesn't really matter - in fact it doesn't really matter if you count Sat as Day 1 either ie a Day here or there is immaterial.

Hurdity x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 09:09:58 PM »

Thank you Hurdity. I know you explained it to me last week but I couldn't find the post.

I suppose it's like when I used to take the Pill. You stopped taking it on  day 21 then restarted taking it exactly 7 days later regardless of whether you were still bleeding etc.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 09:16:28 PM »

Also Hurdity, I wonder if you can tell me something. Back before peri I always had achy, swollen tender boobs before my period.

But since peri my boobs have stopped feeling swollen and painful before a period. I didn't notice any changes to them at all.

But my first withdrawal bleed on HRT and I got achy, swollen boobs again.

Does this show I wasow on oestrogen while peri, and the HRT has increased my oesyrogen levels again?