Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Livial  (Read 4300 times)

Sphere27

Livial
« on: April 28, 2015, 05:02:23 PM »

Anyone on livial? How do you find it?im at end of my tether with these headaches I've been getting on femoston Conti? Been on other HRT and not had much success! Femoston was great but now getting weird type headache daily normally involving left eye!
My friend takes livial and she was always suffering headaches. She has been good on liivial? I mentioned livial to gp but she seemed to change subject!
Also can I take menopace while in Hrt? Thinking I'm going to stop it but want some other backup incase meltdown!!!
Cheers ladies x

dazned

Re: Livial
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 05:29:51 PM »

I dont think you can take menopace with hrt,but check with pharmacists they are more knowledgeable than GPS ! They will know exactly what interacts with what.
No knowledge of livial sorry. Try searching in the search box top right it will bring up all the threads related to it.

Sunnydays

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 09:17:03 PM »

I started a thread on this a couple of weeks ago under its other name tibilone. Some good feedback on it but prone to acne for some.
I've been having same migraine one side headaches with combined regime and I was told to use tablet form as last resort as they can aggravate headaches. I've got to try out all types of patches and if not suited will try tibilone.
My GP did suggest that these type of headaches might be estrogen intolerance! Hope not or I'm doomed!
Menopace are only vitamins. Can't see a problem.  I take them with hrt

Sphere27

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 10:21:24 PM »

Hi thanks
Yeh I feel the headaches are meaning I'm intolerant to something!! Nightmare. I can't find previous on livial. Will check again!! I've not been offered patches! Only thing is.  I do a lot of exercise and sweat loads!! I'm ready to throw in the towel and really can't persevere with headaches for 3 months! Feel as if I'm moaning all the time. Good luck. X

Dana

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 06:21:06 AM »

This is the previous thread on Livial/tibilone. http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,27324.0.html

It was the first HRT I tried and I was very happy on it. The only problem was that it only came in a low dose, otherwise I would probably still be on it. I do remember getting some low grade headaches when I first started taking it, which I mentioned to my doctor, but she said to give it a couple of weeks, which I did, and the headaches went away.

Sphere27

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 08:46:52 AM »

Thank you for posting that. At least I have maybe one more option to try
Begore giving up!!

Libralady

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 08:41:18 PM »

I posted tonight about problems with livial then found your post. I was on livial for about 6 weeks and just stopped it. It did control my symptoms and no bleeding however I felt terrible. I put on a stone in weight, had weird sensations in my head, not pain so much but more like my head was going to burst open, became aggressive and angry and my blood pressure shot up. Have read on internet other people experiencing the same but other people like it so I suppose it's horses for courses as they say.