Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Starflower oil??  (Read 9252 times)

Chi chi

Starflower oil??
« on: April 27, 2015, 07:20:23 AM »

I bought some starflower oil as I'd read good reviews on it and just wondered if anyone takes it on here? Like most new medication or supplements I'm anxious to start them incase I have a bad reaction  :o
I got the ones from Holland and Barret 1000mg (220mg of GLA) but have just read the best ones are "cold pressed"??
I'm hoping they might help with anxiety and low mood  :-\

Galadriel

Re: Starflower oil??
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 07:30:30 AM »

Hi Estelle,

I've been using 1000mg Starflower oil for years. My breast surgeon recommended it for keeping breast cysts under control and helping with cyclical breast pain. It really does work for boob issues. :)

As I'm not taking it for anxiety and low mood, I can't really comment, however I have not had a bad reaction to taking it.

Hopefully someone else with experience of using Starflower oil for mood/anxiety will be along soon to comment.

Galadriel x

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 07:32:56 AM »

Thanks, glad it's working for you  :)

westie

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 04:30:43 PM »

I have been using Starflower for about six months now because of breast cysts and it has really helped. However , although I wasn't taking it for mood/anxiety, I would say it has helped, wouldn't call it a miracle cure because some days my anxiety is through the roof but my moods I would say have definitely improved.

Give it a try.

Best wishes

W x

Chi chi

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 04:39:38 PM »

Thanks Westie, can I ask which ones you use?  :)

westie

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 04:58:47 PM »

I use Natures Best pure Starflower Oil 1000mg, you can buy it online. Really like Natures Best really good company and they even have a helpline so you can email with any queries /symptoms and they get back to you really promptly.

Good luck

W x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 05:02:59 PM »

Hi Estelle

Starflower oil - it's not like medication at all, in fact it isn't - it is just a supplement in the same way that Evening Primrose  is- it is just a plant oil. You shouldn't have any reaction to it at all - although that's never to say never as some women are sensitive to anything concentrated that is added!

You don't really need to worry about this! I don't know that it would help mood though? It mainly provides a lot of Omega 6  fattyacids.

Hurdity x

Chi chi

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 05:31:19 PM »

Thanks again Westie  ;)

Hurdity I think I'm one of those women, either that or I just imagine it due to my stupid anxiety  ::) although saying that I once tried some supplement? Mothers wart or something like that, it was meant to be calming but had the opposite effect! And on hubby too  ???

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 08:09:26 PM »

Hi again Estelle

Here are the side effects as listed on one website:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/126727-side-effects-starflower-oil/

Hurdity x

Chi chi

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 09:22:55 PM »

Thanks Hurdity  :)