Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ovestin cream- side effects?  (Read 28980 times)

westie

Ovestin cream- side effects?
« on: April 27, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »

Hello everyone

I've been struggling for months now with vaginal atrophy symptoms ( dryness, urinary issues etc) . I have tried lubricants which have helped for a while but I am now at the end of my tether with the constant discomfort and feeling like I need to wee all the time so I'm off to the doc to ask for some Ovestin cream to see if I can get any relief.

Now, me, doctors and my chronic health anxiety are not a good combination but needs must. I have read up on Ovestin so I know what I'm asking for and the list of possible side effects is endless as always. Before I go into a panic about it and whilst I know everyone is different can anyone help me with what I can realistically expect in terms of side effects. I am at the stage now where I think I will just have to go for it to make life more bearable but any feedback from you lovely ladies who use it would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

W x

pepperminty

Re: Ovestin cream- side effects?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 04:05:30 PM »

Hi , I have used that with no side effects , its just a bit watery when it comes out the next day.I found vagifem a tablet you pop up there a bit more convenient. You may well find that you have no problems with it at all . In fact it plumped everything out nicely for me. You may want to moisturise the outer area as well and hydromol ointment which is recommended by dermatologists because its very kind. Give it a go , it could do the trick ! best wishes and good luck Peppermintyxx

westie

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 04:26:18 PM »

Thank you Pepperminty that is very reassuring.

My breast consultant has suggested I try Ovestin first as I have fibrocystic breasts and in his opinion oestriol , contained on Ovestin is the closest the natural oestrogen and so less likely to cause issues.

I'm going to give it a try, need to get my life back!!

Thanks again

W x

Jenna

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 04:33:38 PM »

Hi westie,

I use Estriol cream (underneath as well) on two days and 'Yes' water-based vaginal moisturiser on the other days. I find this keeps me comfortable. I did use Ovestin when Estriol wasn't available and I had no problems. (It's just that the gynae I saw prescribed Estriol for me.) Ovestin is stronger than Estriol, but you use a lot less, so you still have the same amount of oestrogen. Some ladies find Ovestin a bit too strong, so if you do have this problem, bear in mind that Estriol is much weaker and might be more suitable. (Incidentally, they are both oestriol - just saw your latest post!)

Hope that helps!

Jenna x

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 04:39:11 PM »

Keep us updated , and don't panic Mr Mannering!! xx

westie

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 04:48:22 PM »

Ha! That did make me smile Pepperminty, I'll do my best to keep calm and yes of course I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for the info Jenna maybe I'll start with estriol cream first then and see how I go.

Thanks for your help girls, I would be a quivering wreck without this site!!

W xx