Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Off to the Docs  (Read 19445 times)

BrightLight

Re: Off to the Docs
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2015, 05:08:50 PM »

Hopefully you have passed the anticipatory anxiety point, been to the appointment and have some relief from worry - wishing you well x

mandy43

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2015, 07:10:25 PM »

I'm back!!  The appt went really well.  I went to the appt on my own as my hubby had an important meeting, so I'm really proud of myself to go through with it.  The consultant was lovely.  He took a history of births i have had, any abnormal smears, any health issues and my symptoms of the peri.  He told me that I am most definitely in peri, going on my symptoms and that GPs are ignorant to this subject.  He took me through to do my smear and he looked at my cervix.  He told me the results would take 10 days but he told me that I have nothing to worry about as  my cervix is healthy.  He said the bleeding is just peri related.  He also said I shouldn't have to go private to get support with this and he is writing to my doctor to tell him from now on he, the consultant, will see me on the NHS from now (so free of charge) to get all the help I need throughout this time.  I go back in 4 wks to see him again and its free from now on!  I feel very relieved and although I will still fear the post waiting for the result, I will just keep focused on what he told me.  I cannot thank every single lady who replied to this post enough for their reassuring words, their personal experiences and insight.  Massive thanks xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2015, 07:15:47 PM »

WOW! what a result!  It would seem that this Consultant is probably constantly picking up the pieces from GP Surgeries  :-\ ……. don't let anyone know where he works or they will be queuing round the block  ;D

:medal: for going.  It can be daunting to have to repeat symptoms, at least you had a sympathetic, knowledgeable response.  Would love to be a fly on the wall when the Consultant's letter arrives  :o

mandy43

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2015, 07:21:42 PM »

haha CKLD!  He was very dismissive of the knowledge GPs have on this subject.  Apparently he goes to surgeries to teach them... bloody marvellous!  Wouldn't mind but the GP was a woman of my age, so she must be going through this herself. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2015, 07:40:36 PM »

Not necessarily  ;) …….

Pity this guy doesn't have patient answer/question sessions too!

BrightLight

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2015, 07:42:40 PM »

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Sooooooooo happy for you, on many counts.  Going alone, the reassurance and the offer of ongoing support.  A really positive experience and affirming for those of us that have wondered if there are any doctors willing to go out of their way to inform and help where hormones are concerned.  Super proud of that doctor and so happy you found them :)

Try not to worry about the letter x

mandy43

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2015, 07:53:38 PM »

I know what you mean CLKD!!  Thanks Brightlights, he really was a lovely guy!

Claireylou

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2015, 06:27:50 AM »

Mandy I am so pleased that you had a positive consultation. He sounds like a real gem, hang on to him!  And well done you for being super brave and going alone.

:medal: :foryou:

mandy43

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2015, 09:39:17 AM »

ah thanks Clairylou... I deserve that medal haha!!

westie

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2015, 06:21:48 PM »

Great news Mandy and huge relief for you I 'm sure.

W x

mandy43

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2015, 09:05:01 PM »

cheers Westie, feeling alot calmer now xx

MrsMopp

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2015, 04:20:20 PM »

That's wonderful news Mandy.  What a brilliant consultant  :)

toffeecushion

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2015, 05:08:57 PM »

Any results yet?

mandy43

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2015, 05:09:43 PM »

thanks Mrs Mopp, although the worry is coming back, as I am still waiting for the smear result and today I have lower stomach pains which is making me think there is something wrong in there... honestly, I am such a worrier!!

mandy43

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2015, 05:10:37 PM »

no toffee, it will be 2 weeks on Thursday... I'm starting to get worried again xx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6