Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Off to the Docs  (Read 19434 times)

westie

Re: Off to the Docs
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 06:50:59 PM »

Hi Mandy

So sorry you are having so much worry.

For what it's worth, I am 3 years post meno and I had periods all over the place and exactly as you describe for about 4 years until they eventually stopped. Also , I put off a smear for much longer than you and when I eventually had one it was completely normal.

Hope that helps. Try not to worry (easier said than done I know!).

Hugs
W x

mandy43

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 07:32:56 PM »

Oh thank you so much for your replies Toffee and Westie.... I'm very teary at the moment and your replies have really helped. 

LizeeeH

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 03:08:32 PM »

Hi mandy

I also have health anxiety which stops me from seeing dr's....silly I know, you would think I'd be there all the time....good luck :)

Liz xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 03:14:02 PM »

I haven't read all the threads but this is IN NO WAY connected to your late smear.  If you never had a smear again these symptoms would continue  ::) ………

Are you ably to ask for a referral to a monoclinic or Consultant Gynae?  Your GP sounds as though she is fixated on what she knows about rather than listening to your symptoms and concerns  :bang:

Why oh why do ladies have to put up with this crap from Doctors!  :-X

mandy43

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 04:33:50 PM »

hi Ckld I've booked a private appt with a gyno tomorrow evening.  It's going to cost £250 and I really can't afford it but I can't wait 4 weeks feeling like this, so needs must.  Can I ask why you think it's not to do with the cervix?  The doc wouldn't look at any other reason until this is ruled out.  I am incredibly scared for tomorrow, but I will go through with it. 

mandy43

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 04:35:09 PM »

And Lizeee I was once never away from the docs and its the complete opposite now, I never go... I think the older I get the more scared I am of everything.

MrsMopp

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 04:50:12 PM »

Hi Mandy

your GP sounds dreadful - the complete opposite of reassuring.

Good luck with the appt tomorrow.  No point in saying try not to worry so I'll say try to keep busy with something you enjoy.

dazned

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 05:05:19 PM »

Try and write down all your symptoms and show/ tell him what you are suffering,he might have experience of the meno.stuff. I pay to see a private gynecologist who specializes in menopause so yours might too. Try not to worry remember private is nothing like nhs I usually get at least 50 mins with mine so your not rushed and plenty of time for discussion asking questions etc. Let us know how you get on .

MrsMopp

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2015, 05:21:12 PM »

Good advice again.  You can pick his brains Mandy, after all you're paying for his time.

mandy43

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 05:35:36 PM »

Thanks Mrs Mopp, will do my best, not easy though!!

BrightLight

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 05:47:24 PM »

Yes, let us know how you get on.  Health anxiety is really horrible.  I also don't see your symptoms as 'typical' of advice I have read regarding cervical changes and 'abnormal' bleeding.  Wishing you all the best to get this over and done with x

mandy43

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2015, 06:11:44 PM »

thanks Bright light, I will report back please send positive thoughts my way xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2015, 06:32:03 PM »

Hi

Like others on here my periods have gone bizarre since peri menopause. My periods used to be as regular as clockwork. Always the same symptoms. Always in the same order.

But for the last year or more my periods have become really, really light. Some months it's just heavy brown spotting with very little 'fresh' red blood. Other months I get a show of fresh red blood for just one day, followed by a gap of two days of nothing, before getting some light brown spotting for just a day or so.

Some months I could really get by with just using a panty liner. And I used to be a 'super' tampon with panty liner as added protection type of woman.

Then last month I suddenly went back to having a much heavier, longer lasting period. No idea why?

I am sure your gynaecologist will be able to reassure you that what you are experiencing is completely normal for women in peri menopause.

mandy43

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 06:46:37 PM »

thank you Gypsie!!  As I have said, normally I would never worry about my periods, it's just that this bleed is different, just has never developed into anything... just in there for the last 10 days and occasionally a bit will be in the toilet... weird!  My actual due time for my period is the weekend (going by the last couple of periods, as they have been quite regular for once, every 5/6 weeks) and i have they symptom: sore breasts, so I don't know what's happening and with my smear being late and the doc jumping on that, the fear took over and I have to be seen asap!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 08:02:16 PM »

I think that your GP is hinging on the fact that you are due a smear test but totally ignoring your menopause symptoms: could be due to money issues in the Practice, could be her lack of knowledge and/or acceptance that menopause can cause on-going problems, it could be that she is familiar and safe with smear tests as they are a regular issue for GPs, however, ours don't do them - the Practice Nurse does ………

Let us know how you get on with the private consult, at that rate you should get a full HOUR of someone who will listen!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6