Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Time of day to take Utrogestan 100mg?  (Read 5805 times)

Greenfields

Time of day to take Utrogestan 100mg?
« on: April 27, 2015, 10:48:43 AM »

I start on Evorel 50 patches and Utrogestan 100mg tomorrow.

The leaflet that came with the Utrogestan says one should take it at night at bedtime.

The pharmacist (whom I picked up the medication from) told me to take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

I am going to check with another pharmacist as to when I should take it but just wondered what people on this board who are taking it do? Do you take it in the morning or before bedtime?

Any information appreciated. Thanks

dazned

Re: Time of day to take Utrogestan 100mg?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 11:26:48 AM »

Bedtime seems to be the time to take it as it can make you drowsy . If you are using it orally you need to take it well after you've eaten if using it vaginally like most do it doesn't matter.

Greenfields

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 01:53:26 PM »

Thanks dazned. I'm taking it orally. The leaflet says take at bedtime at least 2 hours after a meal so I'll have to make sure I have my evening meal early (which I usually do).

Grumpymum

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 03:00:39 PM »

I take mine orally. I'm taking it 100mg x2 for days 15 - 26. Only been on it one cycle. I found it made me sleep soundly. I didn't take it until going to bed about 10.30. I sometimes still felt tired in the morning. I think next time I might try taking it a little earlier in the evening (if I have eaten early enough to allow the two hours) so I don't feel drowsy the following morning.

I take mine with estradot patches.

Good luck with your new regime. Hope it works for you.