Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: It's the little things  (Read 7592 times)

Joyce

It's the little things
« on: April 27, 2015, 10:16:56 AM »

Today my heart just melted. My eldest granddaughter has just sent me I postcard saying "I love you." Bless her. Youngest has sent one too with a scribbly picture.

Daughter is trying to get GD used to real letter writing as everything is so tech based these days. I've written a letter to both girls, which I will post later. 

Galadriel

Re: It's the little things
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 10:26:35 AM »

Aw! :love: What a great idea CG.

Hattie

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 01:38:26 PM »

That's really lovely Cubagirl - you can't treasure an email/text in the same way although i do have some texts on my phone that i will never delete unless by mistake.

I bet your daughter will keepsafe your letters back to your grandchildren as well.

Hattie X

thorntrees

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 01:55:17 PM »

My grandaughter and I write to each other quite regularly, she's 13 next month and we have done this since she first started school. It has been interesting to see her writing style develop over the years and I really hope we can continue to correspond as she grows up, she still addresses the envelope to 'grandma' then the address which I'm sure makes the postman smile.It certainly makes my day when a letter from her drops on the mat.

Thorntrees

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 02:49:42 PM »

My grandmother used to include a letter for me with the weekly one to my mum. She always addressed me as "Dear Sunshine," as I lit up her life apparently.

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »

this is truly lovely.  We were only talking last week about how we used to write letters to grandparents and relatives and pen friends and get excited when the replies came.  There is a generation missing out on this as it is all social media and texts and instant messages that are here today and gone tomorrow.

Mind you when my husband's mother found his letters from me when we were teenagers it would have been a good idea if they had been deletable!!!!  :-X

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 03:56:47 PM »

;D

I've still got all the letters sent between hubby & I when he went to spend 3 months in Germany when our kids were young. He was terribly homesick. I thought he'd just bin ones I'd sent him, but he kept every single one. Ahhhhh

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 11:35:16 AM »

I have kept most of those sent during the 3 years DH was intermittently away - I also kept some of his from me that had good information in.  I write to those relatives and friends that don't have computers.  Often  ;) either post cards as we travel around or through the year as long letters.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 12:41:21 PM »

I still have all the letters my husband sent me when we first met.  It was a long-distance relationship (him in Holland, me here) and before the days of emails and texts.  And when we were clearing my Mum's house out last year I found all the letters I had sent her when I was in the Middle East back in the 80's........it was lovely to have a read and recall some memories :)

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 12:44:45 PM »

I haven't reread ours yet. One day maybe.