Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: How Odd  (Read 2952 times)

Carolyn

How Odd
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:52:17 AM »

Good Morning to you  - hope this finds you well.

I have returned from a 10 day break away and I am totally confused on how I felt whilst I was away.

I had my usual pain down my side and use to get every month when I was ovulating, my boobs were sore as if I was due to start my periods again & I didn't have one - yep not one hot flush.

Was it because I was away from home/work etc., or have the Sage tablets that were recommended to me finally kicked in - who knows but what I do know is,  perhaps I may have found the answer to all this "meno rubbish" go away more often  8)

Have a nice day everyone

Hugs

:bighug:

Taz2

Re: How Odd
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 08:43:15 AM »

Hi Hugs - it can be confusing but I'm not sure how far you are menowise? Ovulation can occur sporadically and lots of us have found that during those months our meno symptoms disappear, especially the hot flushes, as our bodies gear up for a period. Are you still having periods?

Enjoy being hot-flush free. I agree with your "go away more often advice"!

Taz x  :)

Carolyn

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 09:05:04 AM »

Hi Taz

Very early compared to most people on here and extremely lucky as I don't appear to suffer too badly like some ladies do.

My last period was in January and the day I was due to start the hot flushes came instead.

Its all so odd how the body works isn't

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »

Odd but intriguing  ;D

It could be that you will have a period this month if your flushes have stopped. Lots of us have congratulated ourselves on getting through meno when our flushes have suddenly stopped only to find a period arrives. Let us know what happens!

Taz x

Carolyn

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 08:50:09 PM »

Hi Taz
:Well you were right - I have had a glue like discharge for about a week & now have started bleeding  :o

Any suggestions/ideas on why? Howcome?

Feel pretty naffed off today probably explains why I did nothing but cry all weekend

Hugs x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 09:58:36 PM »

Peri-menopause is the time when your periods are really unpredictable. You can have long cycles and then short cycles. Sometimes you can go months without a period and then return to regular ones. At the beginning it is really odd to find your body changing but, rest assured, you will get used to it.

The hot flushes are thought to be the body trying to get the ovaries to release an egg. On the months when you do release an egg then the hot flushes often stop as the ovaries have done what they are supposed to do but on months when an egg isn't released then the hot flushes kick in again. It will be interesting to see what happens next... be sure to let us know!

Taz x  :hug:

Carolyn

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 05:27:56 AM »

Morning Taz & Lovely Ladies,

Thanks for your reply - it's so bizarre isn't how it all works.

I am sick to death of it already and I have only just started!

I don't want you to worry Taz I will be back sharing myself with you  ;D

Have a lovely day everyone

Hugs x

Machair

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 05:41:08 AM »

Hi there

If your last period was in January and your hot flushes abated I would say you are still very much in peri, and this may happen a lot until the end. I have missed months of periods and then started again- each time after cessation of the flushes and return of sore breasts and stretchy vaginal mucus.