Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: What a difference a day makes  (Read 2311 times)

ShazAtko

What a difference a day makes
« on: April 26, 2015, 04:52:55 PM »

Yesterday was getting hot and sweaty on and off all day, kept bursting into tears  had a right rant at hubby and seriously contemplated phoning in sick to work. Cycled to work (night shift)  and felt  so calm once I got there and had a great shift. Yes, was hot and sticky but the hospital is hot at the best of times! Today have had just the one flush (just now), have slept well and feel calm and ready for work again tonight. Feel totally different to the screaming banshee of yesterday!  Does anyone else experience wild fluctuations in their symtoms?

Taz2

Re: What a difference a day makes
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 05:21:26 PM »

Glad to read that you have had a better day and, yes, fluctuating moods are a standard part of being in peri-meno.

Taz x  :hotflash:

ShazAtko

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 05:45:20 PM »

Thanks. New to this and reading up all the time! So many and varied symptoms but nice to feel normal by posting on here! X

Galadriel

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 06:00:41 PM »

Same here... up and down like a yoyo, and that's with HRT  ::)

Glad you had a better day... Relax and go with the flow...the good and the not so good.

Galadriel x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 07:39:12 PM »

Oh my goodness, yes! Mood swings. I am the poster child for mood swings.

Actually I can't be jokey about them. My 'down' days a very, very down and bleak. I feel hopeless and despairing inside, with an awful sinking sensation inside and it's really horrible  :'( Then I can wake up the very next morning feeling drained but very much brighter and full of optimism and giggling with my husband over something silly on TV.

When they first started happening I thought I was going insane. And my 'down days' really frightened me because I had never felt so bleak and low before in my life. Except for when I had PND, and that was when I began to wonder if maybe my hormone were again to blame?

I have just started HRT and my GP assures me that my mood swings should stop being so extreme as the HRT should give me a higher 'base line' below which my mood shouldn't dip.

Here's hoping...