Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: just feeling awful  (Read 7375 times)

TropicalVon69

Re: just feeling awful
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 04:20:10 PM »

Thanks Freda....:-)...at gynae today she gave me a prescription for evorel sequi patches...fingers crossed xxx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 05:34:21 PM »

That's good news. Did you put one on straight away? I know I did, actually pulled into a layby so I could stick my first one on my tummy, I was that desperate to get started  ;D

SueRoe

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 06:55:17 PM »

TropicalVon - I had Evorel 50 patches and they helped me. Don't expect miracles and get despondent though; a steady improvement is more likely, and probably kinder to your body than a sudden wallop. Also, best if you can avoid examining how you feel every hour as you wait for an improvement (easier said than done!). You must be so relieved that something positive is being done to help you. Let us know how you get on xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 07:45:06 PM »

:bighug:  I suffered despair.  I had organic depression which is chemical (I have clinical at times too), was the appt. generally satisfactory?  Do you feel listened too?

Your feelings are scary because you don't know how long they will last.  It's OK to be detached for a while, trying to be all things to all in the household becomes a chore because you can't - your family won't come to any harm if you step back a while  ;) ……. if you had a cold or 'flu for example, you would be a little less able.

Little steps.  Don't try to plan too far ahead.  Don't take on too much.  Take 10 mins every hour to simply 'be'.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 06:35:49 AM »

Thanks ladies, haven't put one on yet as my doc has to OK the prescription so will sort that out today.....so hoping it makes a difference.....I've acupuncture booked for today so fingers crossed it may help too...I felt listened to clkd but she wasn't up for letting me have gel which I asked for but made a suggestion on docs sheet about antidepressants which I'm conflicted about as citalopram scared me, but feel I may need something...not expecting miracles Freda just to feel a bit better would be good....lol gypsyrose.....soon as I get them will put one on----just a wee question, gynae says I can put one on straight away, but last period ended last week...is this OK do you think? X

pepperminty

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 06:57:20 AM »

Hi , I hope you will be feeling better soon. I should think it is ok to do so (put the patch on ). I am sure he wouldn't tell you to put it on if there is a potential problem in doing so.
I have read you comment about life passing in front of you. I had that feeling not long ago in the street , it was weird as if I was detached from everyone around me . Like almost watching them through the TV. Not pleasant at all . Just be kind to yourself, you have taken positive steps and hopefully will be feeling better soon. There are lots of women out there who have found the right HRT and are doing fine . You may be one of those soon. Lets hope so . I try to do something to distract myself if I can . Keep us posted .

Pepperminty xx

LeeJane

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 07:25:59 AM »

I very much relate to the feelings of despair and not being connected to my family.  Is horrible.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 04:53:33 PM »

Hugs to you Lee Jane.....hope you're feeling a bit better.......hellish ride isn't it!!!! Xxx

SallyG

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 11:40:22 PM »

So sorry to hear you feeling awful. It will be alright. I know that sounds inane but it is the fear itself that is so debilitating. As all of the others have said, this depression is organic, caused by hormone depletion. I found it really hard to accept. Still do at times, but I have to keep reminding myself that it is just that. After being a full on career firebrand my whole life, I find that I am like a little hermit crab who just wants to hide in my kitchen. This has literally happened in the space of 6 months.
My family are all dynamic, hardworking people and at times I have felt like a burden to them - but that is just me projecting my anxiety onto them. They don't feel that way about me. Acceptance is the key for me. I just have to accept that this is how I am for the present time, and go with it. Others have said that they feel lonely and I do too at times, but I just try and keep busy, setting tiny goals each day - even if its just paying a bill or writing a journal entry, or ironing my daughters school uniform.I just have to keep reminding myself that it is hormonal imbalance that is making me feel this fear and anxiety and it really helps to know that others are so understanding.
Hugs
Sally

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 12:28:20 PM »

I made a list of things to do every evening for months.  It gave me something to tick off to see what I *had* achieved and eased my mind about what I couldn't do.

Shelby

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 02:08:16 PM »

Hiya another one here who understands that horrible detached feeling....so another hug coming your way xx
I feel like I could quite easily become a recluse I don't want to see anyone, talk to anyone...everything is just one massive effort. Like others have said it does help having a to do list....at least by the sounds of it you have made progress already and shown great courage too so fingers crossed that you will start to feel better soon.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 06:31:44 PM »

Wading through treacle  :-\

TropicalVon69

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 01:39:17 PM »

Thanks shelb for the positivity and understanding and yeah clkd it certainly does......hugs to you both xxx
Pages: 1 [2]