Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: elleste duet to evorel sequi  (Read 3903 times)

Chocolatechaos

elleste duet to evorel sequi
« on: April 23, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »

I have been on elleste duet for 5 months and my perimenopausal symptoms have eased but I find the mornings are worse until my tablet is metabolised. I am now going onto evorel sequi to give a continuous hrt. I am still on my oestradiol tablets at the moment and wondered if I can switch onto the combined patches instead of my green tablets? Would this work or do I have to wait another three weeks until I have finished my tablet cycle.

Hurdity

Re: elleste duet to evorel sequi
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:47:17 PM »

Hi Chocolatechaos

I'm not sure what you mean there. You say you are going onto continuous HRT - do you mean continuous combined? Evorel sequi is still a cyclical HRT and will give a bleed. However in terms of what you are asking - then yes it would be fine to go straight from the oestrogen only tablet part of the Elleste to the Evorel conti part of the Evorel sequi - because the main thing is you are going from oestrogen only to oestrogen and progesterone and then you will get your bleed.

You might notice a few side effects from the change in dose/delivery but hopefully these will soon settle and you will feel better overall  :)

Hurdity x

Chocolatechaos

Re: elleste duet to evorel sequi
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »

Thanks hurdity for your reply. I am changing to the patch to give me a continuous delivery of hrt. I find with the pill that it kicks in about 1.5hrs after taking it in the morning. I am good through the day and evening but I notice I am rubbish again by 5am. This happens everyday on elleste duet. I am having a cyclic patch to see if I can get rid of the ups and downs. I believe the ingredients in evorel sequi and elleste duet are the same so I thought I could switch over when I start the progesterone part. Woo hoo that will be tomorrow then. Hopefully there won't be too many side effects and challenges. Thanks again.