Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hrt is making my anxiety worse  (Read 2598 times)

Wendy worrier

Hrt is making my anxiety worse
« on: April 27, 2015, 12:24:40 PM »

Hi ladies.....I started Femoston 1/10 a month ago and am three days into second month....the first 10 days or so I felt a little better then 20 days in crippling anxiety and a bleed with intense pain that lasted for nearly a week and since then I just can't cope with the awful anxiety....which I suffer badly from anyway and have meds for that. I would prefer the sweats to this I don't think they are agreeing with me and I know I should stick them out for three months but zi can't go out through the front door.....any help or advice would be much appreciated......WWx

MrsMopp

Re: Hrt is making my anxiety worse
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 03:18:41 PM »

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Wendy.  As a fellow anxiety sufferer I can relate  :-\

I'm afraid I know nothing about Femoston or whether it contains progesterone but having read a lot of posts on here from people who suffer from a bad reaction to progesterone I am wondering if your problem is anything to do with that?

I know we need progesterone if we still have our wombs but I understand that there are different forms of HRT available that can work better than others for those affected by this issue.  Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will be along soon to advise you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »

Is it the progesterone causing the problems? a common complaint sadly.

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 06:16:30 PM »

Hi Wendy Worrier,

I am sorry you are panicky . Keep a diary of your symptoms and when they are in relation to the packet. They may well subside . Go back to your GP for reassurance if you need to. The trouble is anxiety can be a vicious cycle. Try to do some meditation if you can and maybe think of asking your GP for a CBT course to help. Hope you feel better soon,

peppermintyxx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 06:23:02 PM »

Hi Wendy worrier

Sorry to hear this - are you still peri-menopausal and how far into it? If so unfortunately your own hormones will still be fluctuating in the background and can be responsible for continuing mood swings and anxiety even with HRT as it doesn't suppress the cycle. The constant oestrogen should prevent the lowest dips in mood as your oestrogen level won't drop too low.

Alternatively as Mrs Mopp says it could be the progestogen in Femoston although this particular one is usually well tolerated.

Or - maybe you are not absorbing HRT very well in tablet form? If you have digestive upsets and all sorts of other factors can affect absoprtion of oral HRT.

Hopefully you will feel better soon.

Hurdity x