Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Should I just stop  (Read 1947 times)

Sphere27

Should I just stop
« on: April 24, 2015, 03:53:25 PM »

Hi has anyone found that HRT is just not for them? And just stopped?
It has been great for hot flushes but I am headachy, tingly feet, achy moody and anxious!
If it's not one symptom it's them all! Not sure if i should stop altogether and see
What happens? I never feel right these days. I think I feel better before I take my dose of hrt!
Been on different ones and not sure if I should continue although scared to stop!!
Any ideas/advice?

Taz2

Re: Should I just stop
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:15:36 PM »

It's always difficult to know what's causing what.  :-\  I feel it would be ok to just stop and you can always start again if you find that you feel worse. I've stopped twice -  using the cold turkey method and also the long, slow (very slow) reducing method and both times the symptoms came back. For me the relief from no more hot sweats was great enough to put up with any of the side effects but if the flushes weren't too bad then you  may find that you feel better without it. Which one are you on?

Taz x

Sunnydays

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 04:39:04 PM »

I'm thinking it's not for me Sphere. I've stopped twice and not really sure if I'll try again.
If you're on a patch the guidance I've read is to cut patch in half for a bit then half again etc

Sphere27

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 05:10:01 PM »

I'm back on femoston Conti which was great for 9 months then I felt awful again! Changed to another combination of separate oestrogen and Uterogestan and got 10 times worse! Now back on femoston Conti with femoston Conti ultra low added in for
Extra oestrogen!! ITa only been a week since changing but really need slight improvement soon!!