Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How do you cope with anxiety what helps  (Read 8142 times)

karenja

How do you cope with anxiety what helps
« on: April 21, 2015, 08:30:04 PM »

Hi I think my anxiety is well and truely back and would like to know how others cope, what can help it's wearing me down x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How do you cope with anxiety what helps
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 08:59:46 PM »

we have loads of threads about anxiety - if you do a 'search' you will find them ……

jedigirl

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 07:35:10 AM »

Hi,
Yep it's pretty awful isn't it. Eat regularly, walk, get outside, guided mediation (there's free apps on Google play).
Are you taking anything for it?
JG x

toffeecushion

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 12:45:14 PM »

Hello Karenja, are you feeling any better today?

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 01:26:05 PM »

Hi Karenja
Are you back on hrt?
HRT (evorel and utro) seem to be helping me.
I just updosed the hrt and am trialling the 100mcg patch, my last one took a few weeks to kick in properly, about five weeks I think and this one seems to have taken away the flushes THANFULLY.
I was on trazodone but have weaned off that as it was making me worse.
I take a beta blocker as and when I want, I am allowed 10mg three times a day.
I also take promethazine which is great for knocking you out to sleep and giving a good few hours sleep.
Lemon balm also helps a bit, valerian too, and ashwagandha. They work in a much sublter way than pharms but not less effective.
Also, not eating aggrevates anxiety, and i am a bit of a bugger for not eating much.

Dacia Felix

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 09:25:33 AM »

The best unsung remedy against anxiety is vitamin B3 as niacinamide (nicotinamide). Taken as 500mg to 1 g three times a day gives you a feeling of calm and peace. It is not expensive, addictive or has side effects. Take it with a B complex pill that has at least 50mg of B1, B2 and B6, once or twice a day. You can get them all at Holland&Barret.

It was my mother, a hospital doctor, who taught me about the virtues of B1, B3 and B6 in therapeutic doses and I remain immensely grateful to her.

Kittyjay

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 09:14:19 PM »

Hi Karenja- so sorry to hear you are struggling with anxiety again. Have you tried any breathing techniques? When I struggled with anxiety I found that finding 5 mins to empty my mind and breathe deeply whilst going through my senses helped.... So ...thinking about what I could hear, what I could feel, what I could see etc really helped- especially during night anxiety attacks. I also bought a book on mindfulness which was helpful. think there are lots on Amazon with reviews to help find a good one. Xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 07:45:16 AM »

Have been on HRT for 16 days. So far it seems to be doing its job very well indeed. No more anxiety. No more dread on waking up.

I tried all the supplements. All the vitamins. Cut out sugar and caffeine. Tried CBT. Nothing even touched it.

I think there's normal anxiety, which can be helped with all of the above. And then there's weapons grade anxiety and for that you need to bring in the big guns (HRT), I'm afraid.

karenja

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 07:17:01 PM »

Hi sorry haven't been on for a while, still getting anxiety trying to cope and any symptoms think its not health related its anxiety, just taking b12 and b6 vitamins and bachs rescue remedy but I will try vitamin b3 now also  Dacia Felix after reading your post, thanks again ladies keep smiling though it all x

Limpy

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 08:01:06 PM »

The best unsung remedy against anxiety is vitamin B3 as niacinamide (nicotinamide).

Is this the same as the nicotine in cigarettes?

TropicalVon69

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 06:41:00 AM »

Hi Karenja, have you tried  massage, reflexology or accupuncture?....I had an acupuncture session on Friday and am feeling better for it xxx

LeeJane

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 07:28:11 AM »

I think there's normal anxiety, which can be helped with all of the above. And then there's weapons grade anxiety and for that you need to bring in the big guns (HRT), I'm afraid.

This has been my experience too.

'Normal' strength anxiety is manageable but meno anxiety is a whole different ball game.   :o

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 09:43:19 PM »

Hi Lee Jane.

Yes, I have experienced normal anxiety before exams or job interviews.

But this peri menopause anxiety is something else again. It actually feels more like a low level panic mixed with dread. Just dreadful.

karenja

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 05:15:07 PM »

Hi Tropicalvon

No not tried reflexology or acupuncture yet, maybe time to give it a go x

Briony

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 10:20:57 PM »

This has been my experience too.

'Normal' strength anxiety is manageable but meno anxiety is a whole different ball game.   :o

So true! The fact that HRT (Qlaira in my case) reduces the anxiety like it does proves it's hormonal and therefore the biggest help is likely to be hormones of some kind. (Though acupuncture, pilates, Rescue Remedy and chocolate all beneficial too!). The problem is finding the hormones  that agree with you! X
Pages: [1] 2