Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Private appointment and new prescription  (Read 3930 times)

jayneaddo

Private appointment and new prescription
« on: June 08, 2015, 03:06:40 PM »

Well had my appointment with Nick paney today and he has suggested changing to estradot 50 and utrogestan 100 every night.

Feel nervous about this but going to give it a go as not enough progesterone currently. Is anyone else on this regime?

Thanks

Jayne

GeordieGirl

Re: Private appointment and new prescription
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 03:45:24 PM »

I'm on Estrogel (gel based, but natural oestradiol all the same) with 100mg Utrogestan and it's been great. The progesterone has seen the end of my breast cysts, I'm sleeping much better and I haven't had any UTIs since taking it.  I've had to tweak the oestradiol dose my GP recommended as I had sore breasts and constantly erect nipples (ooh-er!) so I'm just taking a small amount per day but it's enough to see the end of my symptoms. All in all I think I've got away lightly in that the first prescription I've tried has pretty much done the job for me  :)   That said, it is early days so I am aware it could change....

Have you been taking progesterone currently? Which one?

GG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 04:35:31 PM »

Thanks for the up-date!

jayneaddo

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 08:00:27 PM »

I've been taking femosten conti plus estradot and vagifem. The femosten has progesterone in it but not enough and I had lots of bleeding. Although all clear when had hysteroscopy

Nick has suggested the utrogestan vaginally . Does anyone else do that and how is that managed together?

I hope it's an easy transition for me. You have given me confidence.

Thank
Jayne

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 08:31:19 PM »

Out of interest how did you find his bed side manner etc......as he is on my list as a possible to see.....did you feel hurried?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 08:58:43 PM »

Hi jayneaddo

"How is it managed together.." with what do you mean? I use Estradot 50 mcg and Utrogestan vaginally -  but only take the Utro (200 mg) for 12 days every 6-8 weeks. Personally I wouldn't want to use it like this all the time because of er... relations (not that these happen very often!) but depends on your personal situation! Nothing to be nervous about! What dose estradot were you using? Also are you going to be using Vagifem as well? When I am taking the utro I put the vagifem in in the morning so as not to be putting too much up there at once  ::)

Good luck!

Hurdity  x

jayneaddo

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 09:21:52 PM »

Hi

Thanks for the replies. Mary Jane he was relaxed and I didn't feel hurried. I had plenty of time to ask what I needed and helpfully he will sort out my GP, and make sure I get the scans I need.

Hurdity I don't do well with progesterone generally and been on femosten 1/5 conti plus 25 mcg estradot plus 10mcg vagifem. Will be on 50 mcg estradot plus 100 mcg utrogestan and the vagifem I will be on the vagifem for life.
I'm also not sure about vaginal route everyday but nervous about taking it orally.

Hope that makes sense.
Jayne