Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Intermittent Fasting, new member  (Read 2257 times)

annettanagle

Intermittent Fasting, new member
« on: April 21, 2015, 08:28:03 AM »

Hi, I am I new member. 48 and just started getting symtoms. Hot flushes which are waking me up four or five times a night, have always slept well before this. Just wondered if anyone has tried intermittent fasting? My partner does this and says it regulates hormones. I am giving it a go. 14 hours fast and then 10 hours eat. You can include sleep time. At the moment I have been taking Chlorphenamine an antihistamine at night which helps me sleep. Am hoping the fasting will help. Any ideas?

Kathleen

Re: Intermittent Fasting, new member
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 08:50:36 AM »

Hello annettanagle and welcome to the forum.

Your idea sounds interesting and hopefully you'll keep us informed about how it goes.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

annettanagle

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 10:19:29 AM »

Hi Prajna, am on day two and my energy levels are amazing, slept pretty good last night. Hope it works but won't hold by breath. Have also been taking star flower oil. What are your symptoms? I seem to cry for no reason and panic lots, hot flushes on and off all day and night.

A

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 02:31:48 PM »

Let us know how you get on.  However, if I don't eat on a regular basis nausea and anxiety kick in and I am curled up in a terrified ball in the corner  :'(

How does it regulate hormones exactly?  At this time of Life our hormones are all over anyway  :-\

Intermittent fasting - how?  Are you able to explore how this type of diet works?

lancashirelass

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 04:11:52 PM »

At the last daisy network conference was.mentioned fasting not advised for.meno ladies as low blood sugar can lead to more fluctuations ie.more symptoms

Winterose

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 05:12:48 PM »

lancashire lass i would agree with you although I am a great fan of 5:2 , I just modified it and will be on it forever as it controls my weight , however I dont think it altered any symptoms but then I only had 1/2 a stone to lose so maybe if you are very overweight it might help.