Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Extremely light period  (Read 2120 times)

mandy43

Extremely light period
« on: April 21, 2015, 07:07:52 PM »

Just need your input!  I've been quite fortunate as of lately to be having quite regular periods once again, every 5-6 weeks.  I've been in peri a couple of years now, so been through all the weird and wonderful symptoms and still am.  However, this month, I had my period and and then did my usual week long ovulation (that's how long the pain lasts) but then 3 days later I started a period (well is it?)  It doesn't really require any pad, as it just seems to be in there or comes away slightly when I go the loo.  It's been brown, then purply, red, and some small clots... it has stopped and started since Saturday.  I was away at the time in Spain, so wasn't expecting it at all.  Any thoughts on whether this is normal for peri or what.  I had a full internal 12 months ago when everything was going wrong and everything was normal.  THanks in advance for your wisdom!!

Taz2

Re: Extremely light period
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 07:32:23 PM »

Hi mandy - from my experience this is normal for peri - annoying but normal!  Has the pain always lasted a week?

Taz x  :)

mandy43

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 07:42:32 PM »

thanks Taz!!  I would say it got to the week long pain from about the age of 40 (44 now).  It starts off niggly and then builds to quite strong, but it is only noticeable if you go the loo. Trying to remember but this among other things was the reason I asked to be sent for a gyno appt, to check everything, as I was convinced there was something major wrong.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 07:46:54 PM »

At least you've been checked out. Did anyone give you a reason for the pain? I wondered if you could have some endometriosis as this can cause pain when ovulating and also when going to the loo (bladder or bowel).

Taz x

mandy43

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 08:00:47 PM »

no, just put it down to the peri.  At the time I was getting month long dragging down the bottom of back and lower stomach, excess mucous all the time... like I was ovulating constantly and I was totally amazed and relieved when they found bugger all.  I did find out though that I only have one ovary, which i suspected as the pain always originates from the left side... maybe that has something to do with it!  Apparently I was either born with one, or because it wasn't being used it withered away and died... how weird!!  My endemetrial lining was checked also and was the right width for what it should be.