Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Election ?  (Read 15003 times)

babyjane

Re: Election ?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2015, 04:04:29 PM »

I will vote but so far I have only decided who I will definitely not vote for.

At least it is keeping the attention away from Catherine and her imminent birth  :-X

Joyce

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2015, 05:18:31 PM »

Maybe she'll go into labour on election day. The TV channels would be beside themselves trying to follow both stories.  ::)

babyjane

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 07:15:51 PM »

they would meet themselves coming back  ;D

Scampi

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »

Kate needs to give birth before 10pm on election day, while the news channels can't do election coverage! 

Hurdity

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2015, 06:00:47 PM »

:(

honeybun

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2015, 06:33:44 PM »

Although the SNP had a clean sweep up here they won't have the power that I initially feared. Nicola Sturgeon is one scary woman.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2015, 06:46:00 PM »

NAAAAH  ;) ………..

It'll all come out in the wash!

Linsey44

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 06:52:37 PM »

Hi HB

Not sure if i think she is scarey, well maybe just the scarey eyebrows.  Lol.   got the feeling that salmond will be trying to pull the strings at westminster like the double act they, thought they were in the scottish parliament.

Its the devolution of tax powers that scares us most, we are prepared to leave scotland rather than pay more than what we do.  During the pre election debates it irked us that "some people should pay more". Why!!! If already paying more than our share.  Ive done the survey on bbc that confirmed we significantly pay far more into the system than we get back Also there are insufficient sysems on place for all the powers they want.

That said i dont think there will be another referendum on independence for some time yet.

Wont start ranting on a sat nt.  enjoying a glass of wine.
Linseyx

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 06:54:47 PM »

You surely get free health care, free education i.e. no Uni fees  :-\ ………. how quickly can you see a GP in Scotland? sometimes we have to wait 3/4 weeks 'down here'.

Limpy

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2015, 07:29:05 PM »

Although the SNP had a clean sweep up here they won't have the power that I initially feared. Nicola Sturgeon is one scary woman.

NS is fearsome beyond belief, scares the living ----s out of me, OH just starts gibbering

How come the SNP haven't got total power up by you?
Glad to hear it BTW

OH has just voiced a thought - He thinks David Cameron should implement Proportional Representation in Scotland to enable El Nicola to more completely realise the views of the Scottish population
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:34:51 PM by Limpy »

honeybun

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2015, 08:19:48 PM »

Well they do have power up here but if there had been a minority government the SNP would have caused havoc in Westminster.
I think they got 52% of the vote. I still don't think if we had another independence referendum next week the result would be any difference. Most Scots just want devo max like they were promised.
All we have had up here for what seems like years is politicians electioneering rather than getting on with running the country.
Perhaps now they will get on with the job in hand.

Yes CLKD we do have the things you mentioned but there are a lot fewer people up here than in your part of the world.
I don't think that the likes of Glasgow have any better than you do in the south. The rural areas fair better for a few things.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2015, 09:32:26 PM »

:thankyou:  …… nowt we can do now  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2015, 10:20:44 PM »

NHS wise things are just as bad CLKD. Our local hospital has been in dire straits for some time. No A&E consultants for starters. Nobody can afford to live up here,  houses go for ridiculous prices. One beside us went for £40,000 over asking price. Rents are exorbitant for private houses.  Our daughter & partner would have to pay nearly 3 x the amount they pay now in England for similar sized house up here.

Yes we have free prescriptions, education, but that's about it.

I honestly doubt things will change much.

babyjane

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2015, 09:29:00 AM »

I like to read posts from the ladies in scotland.  There was a time a few years back that our son in law could have been posted to work in Scotland taking our daughter with him. I was so relieved when the posting didn't happen but I always think 'what would it have been like for them if there were there now'.

Joyce

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2015, 09:35:36 AM »

Not all of Scotland is expensive housing wise, but certainly the 3 big cities are. Daughter & her partner used to live in outskirts of Dundee, house prices weren't quite so bad there. But that area is getting more popular now, as folk find themselves having to look further afield for affordable housing. No doubt prices there are rising accordingly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5