Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Noise  (Read 7538 times)

Dulciana

Noise
« on: May 08, 2015, 09:30:12 AM »

We were jolted right out of our sleep this morning at 6.30am by loud and heavy drilling from the flat below.   It went on long enough for me to get a headache and just stopped in time for us to have a peaceful breakfast.  I had also been awake during the night with anxiety, which didn't help.  So now I'm going to have to drag myself through the day. So's Hubby, but at least he hadn't been awake during the night.  I don't know what is allowed and what's not, as far as noise at anti-social hours goes - I'm just sure it's not okay to make a racket at 6.30am.    >:(    Does anyone know??
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:58:52 AM by Dulciana »

Taz2

Re: Noise
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 09:58:43 AM »

I hate that when you're woken up so suddenly! I think the rules are not before 7 a.m and after 11 p.m.. I must admit I do have to sometimes remind my OH that other people are still asleep at 6.30 when he wants to start his latest project.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 10:05:35 AM »

So annoying when that happens Dulciana. Hopefully all drilling is now finished.

Dulciana

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 10:11:53 AM »

It seems to be, for the moment, cubagirl.  I just hope we don't get the same thing tomorrow morning.  It's so thoughtless and selfish.  :(

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 10:25:13 AM »

They could have at least come round to warn you.

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 02:50:33 PM »

Dulciana - It might me worth popping around and asking them how they got on with their "obviously important task". Then suggest if it is going to happen again they warn you beforehand, in the nicest possible way of course...... ::)

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 03:24:54 PM »

Horrible for you especially after a disturbed night.

Yet another reason why I would never ever live in a flat again. Lived in two flats and had crap neighbours. In fact both me and my hubby and son were threatened by the neighbours in our last flat.
I would rather live in a tent.

Hope it was just a one off and it won't happen again.

Why are some people so thoughtless. My daughter works a Sunday early shift and she even tries to close her car door quietly because the neighbours bedroom over looks our drive.
A little bit of consideration goes a long way.

Honeybun
X

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 03:58:20 PM »

A pet hate of mine, inconsiderateness (is there such a word).

When our family were all living at home we would always inform our immediat and adjoining neighbours if there was going to be a party or family event at our house that involved a lot of people and cars on the grass verges.  We would give them a week's notice so they could make arrangements to be out if they were bothered.

Now that we are the 'older' neighbours the first we know about next door's DIY or family party is when the hammering starts or the music and loud babble begins and goes on into the small hours.

Dulciana

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 04:19:28 PM »

Thanks folks.  I really appreciate your thoughts on this.  The people concerned are not at all young, which is the surprising thing about all this.  It takes all sorts.............meanwhile, I'll go to bed with my fingers crossed, tonight.

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »

And ear plugs  ;D

They must literally be doing it themselves as no workmen I know start that early in the day.

At least your not scared of them. I spent four years being petrified. I wouldn't ever go out our flat on my own. Hubby had to walk me to my car. Pathetic or what but my upstairs neighbour was very scary.....and it was a woman.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 08:53:55 PM »

7.30 a.m. until 4.30 p.m. usually week days; 8.00 a.m. weekends and NO BANK HOLIDAYS! unless they are DIY enthusiasts.  At least our neighbours have warned us that there will be work being undertaken - didn't say when though  ::)

I would have a word in t heir shell like, along the lines of "Are you OK, I thought there was an Earthquake in the early hours ……. did you hear or feeling anything?"

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 10:23:54 PM »

If it happens again, I'd ask if they could start work a bit later. Not so bad if they'd mentioned it first, but 6.30am is a tad early in my book.

Dulciana

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 11:07:56 AM »

I would have a word in t heir shell like, along the lines of "Are you OK, I thought there was an Earthquake in the early hours ……. did you hear or feeling anything?"

Problem was, CLKD, it sounded more like someone drilling to the centre of the earth, rather than the earth moving!
We were fine this morning, thank goodness - no drilling, and a normal waking-up time  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 11:34:54 AM »

I would still be mentioning it  ;)  do you usually share a 'good morning' etc.?

Dulciana

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 09:07:19 PM »

I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie.   Better that way, as it keeps the peace.