Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Election ?  (Read 15002 times)

honeybun

Election ?
« on: April 20, 2015, 07:40:56 PM »

I'm not asking what anyone is voting as that is obviously very private.

What I am asking of the English and Welsh ladies....is

Are you worried about the Scottish National Party and what part they will play in deciding what party will govern the country and the influence they could have.

I think if I was living in England I might find it just a tad disturbing that the nationalists could play such a large part in deciding what happens in the next British Government.

Has anyone one given it any thoughts at all, and if so what do you feel about it.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Election ?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 07:47:27 PM »

I thought we are all ruled from mainland Europe  :-\  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 07:58:29 PM »

Have you been following the news CLKD.

Briefly so I don't bore anyone

Labour, previously has held most of the seats in Scotland. This time round the SNP will take at least 50 seats which will make them the third largest party in the country although no one in England can vote for them.  Therefore if no one part has a majority then a coalition will have to be formed and then comes the SNP.

They will therefore have a huge say in English/British government and they don't have any other interest except what happens north of the border.

Just thought it maybe something the English voters may be thinking about.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 07:59:38 PM »

Nope - it all goes over my head  ;D

We have local elections too  ::) ……..

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 08:07:21 PM »

It's getting interesting.  ??? I like the welsh lady, but I live in England.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 08:08:16 PM »

Do we really believe that our Votes matter  :-\ ……… what would happen if no one went to the Poll?

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 08:17:33 PM »

Oh heck CLKD, watch the news.....they explain it much better than I can.

It is important though.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 08:21:09 PM »

It's important to me, only if 'they' do what they promise ……. but all my Life it seems that the new Government spends at least 3 years turning around what the previous one has put into place  >:(  ::) ……. years ago the locals would tap on the door and spend time discussing worries and making suggestions - now they have 'surgeries'; apparently!

I don't think that any of the MPs represent me  :-\

bramble

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 08:47:05 PM »

I do not think any of the parties will make a coalition with the SNP. I think it will be two out of Lab, Lib, Tories that will coalesce. Perhaps even UKIP, they seem to be gaining more votes lately.

Bramble

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 09:02:40 PM »

Really interesting though.

Maybe we are getting a different story in Scotland than those south of the border. There does seem to be some concern though.

Honeybun
X

thorntrees

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 07:57:53 AM »

Agree with you about the SNP Honeybun. It would be quite bizarre to have them able to play a major part in government when no one in England can vote for them or their policies. What a mess politics is in at the moment, every party out for themselves rather than concentrating on the important issues like The NHs and Education.. In local politics I don't think party politics should be involved, local councils should be made up of independents whose only focus is the local community they represent, maybe then we would have a council made up of people with real experience in relevant areas instead of those with party political bias. That's it-rant over! The sun is shining and we are off to the garden centre later to buy some seeds and have a coffee. Hope everyone has a nice day.

Thorntrees

Limpy

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 09:36:58 AM »

Only just seen this HB.

I find it very worrying that the SNP could end up having significant power over the whole of the UK. It seems wrong for them to have such influenece, given they wanted to be independent of that selfsame UK last year! Mind you, I feel the same about the other nationalist parties, they shouldn't be controlling areas that they don't live in.

CLKD I can see where you are coming from when you say voting doesn't make any real difference but the fact remains that we can vote, this isn't possible for many people in the world. My late MIL (usually a calm relaxed person) used to go ape when one of her sons (not OH) said there was no point voting, she remembered the suffragettes and took voting very seriously.

My personal problem with this election is does one support the party or the person? Our local MP is Conservative and has been really good, however I do not want to support Cameron, don't like him at all.

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 09:53:42 AM »

May not even be voting, as still no polling cards. Electoral office said, we still could if we just turned up. We never received notification that we had to register separately, not as a household. We have now done that, but lady at Electoral office never said we hadn't registered separately. Think many will be in this position & will find that on the day, they have no vote.

Ju Ju

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 01:08:00 PM »

We should have an election every year! All the parties seem to have found solutions to problems and ways to fund the solutions!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 01:56:24 PM »

We have the right to choose not to though.  The Suffragettes didn't gain Votes for me, but Votes for Women.  If I choose not to then that's what the Wars were for, the right to abstain.  We will be voting of the person who will keep the Party out that we like the least  ;) ………

DC says he's not standing for PM again.  I also think that the Electorate should choose the PM and not the Party!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5