Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Progesterone cream  (Read 2639 times)

Scampi18

Progesterone cream
« on: April 18, 2015, 07:00:46 PM »

Hi everyone

Has anyone used natural progesterone, if so do you have to use it with eastrogen, does it cause bleeding, did you get good results, I am suffering with really bad sweating, loss of libido, depression on ADs now, the list for menopause I have everyone and more 😡, but I also have thyroid problems which also started with meno, but I think I may have had them all my life, just no one ever bothered to check for it.
Please let me know how you got on with it. Thanks.

Cassie

Re: Progesterone cream
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 07:26:19 PM »

Sadly the natural progesterone is not strong enough to oppose oestrogen & it sure sounds like you need some added oestrogen, I would recommend the rub on gel, its great and one can adjust the dosage as per your symptoms, such a pity one does not get transdermal Progesterone rub on or patch,  I would not recommend you use the Progesterone cream,  if you are taking oestrogen as an HRT....that was according to my gynae as I was also keen to try that route and he said its a big no no as I would be running the risk, of endometrial thickening. I guess you could try and see if you get a bleed, but most of the ones you buy in the pharmacy or online are not going to be strong enough, I think there are compounding pharmacists who make up different strengths in certain areas but dont know much about that, am sure someone will be along shortly to assist.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:42:13 AM by Cassie »

Suzyq

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 11:40:37 PM »

I used it before I needed estrogen and got on really well with it. My estrogen levels were still good then and didn't need to add anything else for a full year.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 08:06:10 PM »

I have been using natural progesterone cream for past 5 years from a private consultant.  5 years ago I was in throws of peri meno with large ovarian cyst ( was being monitored) and severe flooding and constant bleeding due to oestrogen dominence ( had tests that  confirmed this).  I totally disbelieved the consultant when he said that the natural progesterone cream would solve the cyst and bleeding problems but 6 months after starting it my follow up scan showed no cyst :o and I never again had the constant bleeding and sudden flooding.  As I had been battling with this for 2 years by then and had been offered a hysterectomy by nhs I was amazed to say the least that the cream had done what he said it would do.

I have been using it ever since and am now 2 years post meno.  I do have hot flushes and mildy painful urination at times ( varies) so the cream is not a cure all by any means but for me who was so oestrogen dominent it worked wonders.

Any time of hormonal upheaal like puberty and menopause can cause your thyroid to malfunction.  I am hoping that you have had a thyroid blood test??

I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid 20 odd years ago and during peri meno it was very unstable and I had to alter my dose and have repeated blood tests every 3 months for a few years.