Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: oooh sciatica  (Read 7713 times)

kerrieann

oooh sciatica
« on: April 17, 2015, 03:12:29 PM »

i know its my own fault, but ive got sciatica and oh my life it hurts, right from the cheek of my bum to my ankle  :'( done too much for my own good in the last couple of days, cleaning blinds, planting new plants then getting weeds out of path and sweeping up the mess. i cant take anti inflammatory so using heat pad and trying to sit for a spell then walk around, feeling annoyed with myself  ::)

Joyce

Re: oooh sciatica
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 03:52:40 PM »

Sympathies, sciatica really hurts. Try to take it easy for a couple of days. Sleep is hard with it too, so try a pillow under knees or between legs if you're a side sleeper. Not sexy, but it might ease pressure on the nerve.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 04:01:23 PM »

If you google sciatica excercises then there are some excellent ones on YouTube. They have really helped me. As soon as I feel it starting I do the stretches and it really helps so much.
You can also rub on anti inflamitory gel which also helps.

You have my sympathy as it hurts like hell and can make you very miserable.

Take a look at the excercises, they do work.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 04:08:44 PM »

Brisk walk will help release the nerve particularly if you can go several times a week.  I get it because I don't kneel when doing stuff  ::) and I could kick myself for forgetting!

kerrieann

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 04:24:49 PM »

thanks for the replies ladies  :)  i cant have anti inflammatory as i have a sensitive stomach, also my doctor said not with high blood pressure, which is controlled with pills but still no  :(  so iam wary about using the gel as it goes through the skin into your system, i bought it on myself not bending properly i have worn discs in my back but have been doing well for a few months, walking every day and always wearing good footwear, but ive really aggravated it over the last few days i get carried away and think i can do allsorts   ::)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 04:25:45 PM »

Putting on the dogs' leads without bending was my biggest 'sin'  ::) ……… as soon as I felt it pulling I knew I hadn't done it properly!

kerrieann

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 04:50:21 PM »

i was planting in troughs and bending slightly,i could feel my back getting tighter but wanted to get it done  :( but what made it worse was sweeping its the way i bend,  same with cylinder type vacuum, iam ok with the upright

kerrieann

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 04:53:37 PM »

cubagirl  the pillow thing, the chiropractor told me that last year and it helped i will do that tonight thanks for reminding me  :)

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 09:06:55 PM »

Hope it works for you kerrieann. The pain can be unbearable. I actually bought one of those tube type cushions, which works a treat.

kerrieann

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 09:28:19 PM »

not seen those cubagirl, where can i get 1 or what is it called ?

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 10:57:06 PM »

I bought them for the back seat of car.  They are memory foam & I bought in Stresscos a few years back. They are called lumbar rolls according to well known internet website that sells everything.

kerrieann

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 08:25:09 AM »

ok thanks cubagirl, i will have a look now, used the pillow between knees last night and it did ease the pain    kerrie

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 08:27:42 AM »

Brisk walk yet? my lower back is sore so we are off for a meander round the village later  ::)

kerrieann

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 09:05:39 AM »

rested up yesterday apart from pottering around the house, going for a walk in an hour, hope it doesnt make it worse, the sun is shining but its cold so we will see  :)

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 09:13:54 AM »

Glad that eased your pain a bit kerrieann.  Don't do anything too strenuous over the weekend.  ::)
Pages: [1] 2