Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Will HRT regulate my cycle more?  (Read 2114 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Will HRT regulate my cycle more?
« on: April 15, 2015, 09:41:51 PM »

Up until a few months ago I could roughly gauge my cycle still. I would feel very flat for about a week before my period. This feeling would last until about day 4 and then my mood would quickly improve until by the time I ovulated I would feel almost euphoric. Then I would feel rather bland for a few days, then back to the PMS.

But now I don't know where I am. I can feel very low when ovulating but then get zero PMS. Or I can feel fine on days 1 - 10 but then be filled with anxiety.

I'm all over the place, even though I do still get a period each month.

Will HRT regulate my moods again, so I'm back to feeling low with PMS but highs when ovulating?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Will HRT regulate my cycle more?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 09:19:09 PM »

True Pre Menstrural Tension is that - it occurs during the lead up to a bleed, i.e. within 10-14 days prior; and stops immediately the bleed begins.  For me it was sudden nausea, light headedness, weak legs and intense hunger and don't forget the sudden anger flashes! ........  I would actually forget how awful the PMT made me feel once the period began: until the next time  >:(

Whether HRT will regulate you .......... hopefully someone taking it will be along soon!

How's your diet?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 10:29:39 AM »

Morning CLKD.

I used to have classic PMS. And it would disappear the day my period arrived. Then last year I think it mutated into PMDD because my symptoms were much worse and didn't alleviate until day 4 or 5.

My diet used to be rubbish. Too much junk, bread and chocolate. It has improved lately. I take Menopace tablet every day and eat more protein and fruit and little chocolate.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 12:36:16 PM »

Sadly:  ::) I went 'off' chocolate!

NAPS advised me to 'graze' - that is eat my diet throughout 24/7, 52/12.  Not increase the amount but to spread it.  Seemed to help at the time.

Bu…r ain't it  >:(  :tulips:

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 12:48:45 PM »

That's a good tip, to just graze through the day. My mood is definitely worse if I let myself get hungry.

Interestingly though when I have my 'bad' days (or weeks) I really can't fancy chocolate at all. Or anything sweet. My taste definitely changes. I can only face very plain, boring food. And nothing really tastes as it should anyway.

I felt just the same when pregnant. Hormones!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 12:50:31 PM »

Indeed!  My sense of smell went whilst taking The Pill  ::)

Many years ago we had Very Hot Summer - it meant walking to the shop to buy chocolate so I didn't bother.  A few days later I treated myself to a bar but my body felt sluggish - so now I don't eat as much or as often.  Shame ain't it  ;D