Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Struggling with it all  (Read 17666 times)

jedigirl

Re: Struggling with it all
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2015, 07:36:46 AM »

We managed to video it last night Judith, bit grim but wanted proof. Not sure what to do with the video now though as we've been to docs twice and they keep saying probably viral. Is it heck!

honeybun

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2015, 07:51:48 AM »

Why do doctor's not listen to the parents.

I was told my son could not possibly have measles as he had been immunized. It took three doctors before it was confirmed. I later discovered that it was because of the amount of paperwork involved as its a reportable disease.
I had him re immunized a few months later as they said the original one couldn't have taken very well.

I hope your little boy gets some help soon although I'm not sure if there is much treatment they can give. I think it just needs to run its course unfortunately.

Hugs to you both.

Honeyb
x

jedigirl

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2015, 08:08:04 AM »

Thanks honeybun,
I know there won't be anything else they can give him but am concerned it might pass on to his brother and sister especially my daughter as she has asthma and would hate to see her with this too.
My son was immunised too. I wonder if these immunisations are all they're cracked up to be?
JG
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2015, 01:25:15 PM »

The more we vaccinate the more nasties will infiltrate the body ………… we're back to the 'natural' scenario  ::).  We had measles/chicken pox/mumps parties when were young  ;D - if someone in the village got 'it' then all the kids - remember we didn't go into School until 5+ years old and there were no Play Groups - the Mum would get in contact and we would be taken 'to tea'  ::) - I didn't get mumps nor has my DH had it.  I had German measles apparently (shows up on blood test) which we though was strawberry rash; I had Scarlatinna at the age of about 11 ……… I was OK with measles until Mum suggested I look into the mirror, then I felt ill …….. chicken pox ITCHED  >:(

My Very Best Friend had measles 3 times - there were 5 in her family and each time one had the measles, so did she  ::)
What was the question again  :o ……

Kathleen

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2015, 05:19:49 PM »

Hello ladies.

Jedigirl - I hope your little boy recovers soon and that your other children stay well.

As we know immunisations are not perfect but they are one of the great medical advances so I would never underestimate their importance.

Some of you may remember a government television campaign that carried the tag line "Childhood illnesses haven't died but children have", plus of course there is always the risk of complications and disability. Mass vaccination programmes not only protect the individual but confer herd immunity that we all benefit from, so basically the whole package gets my vote!

Wishing everyone well and take care everyone.

K.

jedigirl

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2015, 06:31:31 PM »

Thank you Kathleen
Given the choice I would do exactly the same again and have all their vaccinations done. I never hesitated, just not convinced they're as protected as the GP would have me believe once they are vaccinated. Having said that I dread to think how bad it would have been if he hadn't been vaccinated.

Limpy

« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2015, 06:35:41 PM »

The more we vaccinate the more nasties will infiltrate the body

What about the Smallpox Vaccine?
Do you want to let smallpox spread unimpeded?

Jenna

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2015, 07:01:41 PM »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2015, 07:30:07 PM »

There haven't been many other success stories though ……. and some children/pets immune systems can be compromised leaving them open to other problems  :'(.  It really is a mine field.

And the smallpox virus is kept in a lab. somewhere ………
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]