Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Struggling with it all  (Read 17668 times)

jedigirl

Re: Struggling with it all
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2015, 10:09:03 PM »

Judith57
I also had it when i was 16,remember the prolonged violent coughing fits and struggling to breathe. Am sure he's making the same sound. He has been vaccinated but is 11 so is due for another and wondering if its caught him when his immunity is low.
He has Vicks on, is propped up, sick dish at the ready, steamer on. Cant do anymore except wait. Doesn't make for a restful sleep though. Hey ho  ::)

jedigirl

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2015, 07:13:31 AM »

Just one violent coughing fit about midnight last night, scared him and us. Was settled the rest of the night but we weren't!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2015, 11:32:37 AM »

That's an improvement?  Was he propped up?

jedigirl

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2015, 01:28:01 PM »

We put him in our room on his mattress with an exercise step under top end. He stayed propped up but always seems to have at least one horrible episode  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2015, 02:07:09 PM »

Is there signs of improvement?

jedigirl

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2015, 04:34:02 PM »

CLKD
He's not coughing much through the day but is worse at night with at least one vomiting episode every night. Thanks. Cats seem brighter too. Eldest still very sore with eczema, his scalp especially.
How's your Sunday been?

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2015, 10:01:36 PM »

OK until 3.15 when anxiety began to rise damn it.

Hope you have a better night!  Is he taking the ABs?

jedigirl

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »

Oh CLKD anxiety is my middle name at the moment  :-\ Hope today is a better day for you. Are you gardening today?
Youngest son finishes ABs today, one episode again last night, but unsettled. We stuck him on a sun lounger in the end with top end up and he slept bit better on that.
Oldest son got up today skin looks like its been scalded and he's shivery  :'( Just come back from GP who thinks he's having an allergic reaction on top of his eczema. Has antihistamines and a sleeping tablet for tonight.
I feel like I'm burning up with anxiety. Might need a diazepam today.
Thanks for support. x :thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2015, 12:20:30 PM »

Once Mum had rung and once my friend arrived (not seen since Dec.) I relaxed more.  Still tight across my belly.  I didn't need to swallow the emergency pill though it was in the back of my mind that I could if necessary.

What is your DOS allergic too exactly?  Hopefully the antihistamine will ease symptoms promptly! but may cause sleepiness  ::)

Does your son get a spike in temperature with the coughing?  It's not whooping cough or he would be coughing 24/7 until it clears: and they really do 'whooooop'  :-\

jedigirl

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2015, 01:27:03 PM »

Wish we knew what he's allergic to, maybe the antibiotics he's just finished?
Youngest is coughing through the day just not as bad and does do a distinctive sound, am trying to record it but it hapens so quickly and dramatically I forget each time. He has been vaccinated so wondering if he's got a milder version. He doesn't seem to get a temperature.
I'm not so good with friends visiting these days, I always wonder how long they'll stay!! Not very sociable is it? Did you enjoy your time with said friend?
I took half a diazepam this morning which helped me to nap ready for tonights shenanigans.
Take care xxx

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2015, 02:31:02 PM »

Thank you I had a nice couple of hours by our pond chatting away.

Judith57

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2015, 08:58:56 PM »

When I had my whooping cough it used to start to get really bad at about 10pm and the coughing fits would be really bad through the night, I rarely used to cough during the day. The whoop was very distinctive, I had never coughed like it before or since!

jedigirl

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2015, 08:17:53 AM »

He only coughs badly at night Judith, just sounds like an ordinary cough in the day. He's been to the Gps again this morning (feel like I live there!) but they won't test him, still insisting it's probably viral. I know it's not, I even listened to you tube whooping coughs last night to compare, identical! I'm concerned my daughter will catch it as she has severe asthma but they don't seem concerned. Woe betide them if it is and she goes through it with her asthma.
Thankfully eldest son looking better today, not so sore, just having a major peel, which suggests he's healing. He's not impressed!

jedigirl

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2015, 08:20:53 AM »

CLKD
My brother has a lovely wild pond on his land with beautiful Greater Crested Newts and other newts, frogs and insects. I can watch it for ages. Sadly he lives 5 hours away in South Wales. I watched a woodpecker on his bird table at Easter, it sat so still until it suddenly started pecking!

Judith57

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2015, 09:09:08 PM »

Definitely sounds like whooping cough, the whooping noise comes at the end as you struggle for breath, very scary and completely unlike any other type of cough, I went to a private doctor in the end as I was getting nowhere with my GP. Hope everyone feels better soon x x x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5