Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hi Ladies , how do i know if i need to increase my HRT dose please ?  (Read 3578 times)

pepperminty

Hi Ladies , after a failed attempt at taking HRT last year, I have now started on Femeston 1/10. I am on my third week and so far so good, no dreaded side effects. Last year I was on prempac c and it did not agree with me. Last year I had nausea on prempac (which was bearable)on the oestrogen phase, but I had more energy (which was great ) and my aches and pains vanished almost over night. The progesterone phase drove me insane and made me ill. This time on femeston , I still ache and I am still exhausted , but less emotional , and less brain fog. Do I need to wait and see ? Does the oestrogen build up? or do I need to increase the oestrogen dose to femeston 2/10 to get the energy boost and relieve the aches, that I had on the higher oestrogen dose on prempac. I hope this makes sense!     kind regards Pepperminty x

robotwars

Re: Hi Ladies , how do i know if i need to increase my HRT dose please ?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:02:50 PM »

Hi Pepperminty
I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to your question but I was very interested to see that you were on prempak and felt awful on it, as I was on this last year and felt dreadful, I'm pleased you are having more success this time around, I have been given cyclo-prognova this time, just waiting to come on to start it but period doesn't seem to want to arrive LOL!!!! but im very nervous about taking it as I don't want to feel as bad as I did last time. Good Luck with yours hope it goes well....

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 07:08:19 PM »

You really need to give it three months minimum. At that point then you will have a much better idea of whether you are on the correct dose.

I know it's hard to be patient but chopping and changing in the early days is not a good idea as it just confuses things.

I hope you start to see positive changes very soon.

Honeybun
X

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 06:07:12 AM »

Hi Ladies .
 prempac c was great to begin with on the oestrogen phase and I had more energy , but the progesterone was the problem. It seems to be quite common with prempac, and I took it for 3 months just in case I needed time , but it actually got worse. Infact I even got more severe hot flushes.
 Anyway that put me off HRT for a while. But now I have made the decision to use Femeston 1/10 after doing a little research. I am able to definitely do more and feel less confused. I had the brain of a goldfish before. The only problem now is that I still feel  exhausted and ache all over , but I suppose it is early days. I think the most important thing is to remember that it is just a tablet and if you have any really bad side effects you can stop taking it ( with medical advice of course ) . Hi robotwars , my periods are not regular so I started the HRT when I should have had a period , otherwise I could have been waiting for a couple of months. I think it says on the pack what to do if you are not regular. The other thing to remember is that many women , who take HRT have no problems or minor ones on HRT, and it could take a few goes to get the right one. I was quite scared last year and worried about taking it. This year I am writing a daily diary to keep track of my symptoms. My friend has noticed that I have improved ( sometimes the changes are subtle and gradual and you might not notice them yourself.) I suppose I am just wondering in advance the best course of action if you experience subtle improvements , as last year the initial surge of oestrogen really made a difference to my energy levels. So I was thinking that if things do not improve any further on femeston 1/10 I should up the dose ?It is scary, especially as you had a bad reaction previously, but this time you may not have any problems, or minor ones .The progesterone in Femeston is kinder , so if you monitor yourself and you feel it is the progesterone , maybe suggest to your GP to try Femeston . Dr Currie also does email consultations ,which may be of help. Try not to panic, talk to your friends , we all need support!
Pminty x