Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Wondering should I try HRT but so confused.  (Read 3768 times)

Sarai

Wondering should I try HRT but so confused.
« on: April 13, 2015, 05:10:30 PM »

I always said I did not want it, and thought due to clotting disorder may not be able to, but will check with my consultant.
My body has been through hell this year so need to wait longer to see how it settles health wise.
The whole of last year my periods were regular and irregular. I have done light and heavy clotting periods fir years. 3 times I went over 2 months, my last period was February. I'm getting some hot flushes, anxiety, ****ly extremeties,.
I am very sensitive to medications so would want patches etc.
I'm curious about comments saying progesterone causes side effects. I never had the pill, but a consultant gave me progestagen after I had my third child to try ward off PND but my throat swelled up so that idea failed. I don't consider I get bad PMS, just painful heavy boobs ( not painful anymore) and bloating.
How long post periods would I have to be to just have oestrogen? I think knowing my body I would get side effects. I have auto immune disease so I react to everything.
I have read loads of posts but I am still confused and scared.

Taz2

Re: Wondering should I try HRT but so confused.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 05:40:28 PM »

Hi Sarai - it can be very confusing and worrying when first deciding whether to try HRT. I just want to say that as long as you have your womb then you will always need to add in the progesterone. While you take HRT the oestrogen will stimulate the womb lining to grow and so you will need the progesterone to thin it down. It doesn't matter how far post-meno you are. Probably not what you wanted to hear but it does answer at least one question.

What clotting disorder do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Taz x  :)

Sarai

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 05:50:52 PM »

Taz2 I have antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. Basically it makes your blood sticky.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 06:28:35 PM »

It sounds as if you have a lot to deal with Sarai. It doesn't seem as if you would be able to use HRT to be honest. Do you have to take Warfarin. I have a friend who has to take it due to having clotting problems and she finds it makes so tired all of the time.

Taz x

Sarai

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 07:07:55 PM »

I do take warfarin, we are all just waiting for an antidote to be found for the new drug and we can swap. I've been tired for so many years I'm used to it. Warfarin helped my headaches no end so that's it's upside.

lily

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 07:28:56 PM »

Hi Sarai

I'm also wondering whether to try HRT, but am trying Starflower oil, sage and black cohosh first.  I would rather stick to those or one of them if they help as I think people on HRT have a problem coming off it and experience same symptoms as before they started on it. 

Sarai

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 12:27:37 PM »

Lily I take starflower oil, it helps my painful boobs but not flushes, but to be honest they are the least of my concerns right now. Anxiety and palpitations and ****ly skin are what is driving nuts. Id rather be normal me and have flushes.
I was looking at going on something like menopace but they all have vitamin D in and as mine is way up to the top right now I dare not take any more.

Winterose

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 02:44:32 PM »

Sea buckthorn is meant to have good blood thinning properties,

Sarai

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 02:53:12 PM »

Winterose I dont need any more blood thinning I take warfarin.