Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Give up the diets Girls!!  (Read 5906 times)

rosebud57

Joyce

Re: Give up the diets Girls!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 11:23:56 AM »

Sounds good to me!  ;D Just don't tell my daughter who bangs on incessantly about hubby & I being overweight etc etc etc.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 11:33:24 AM »

Which is why DH usually reads what Ben has to say - now of course I can't remember which web-site Ben fronts but he tries to do research into a lot of these health 'claims' ………

A little of what I fancy ;-)

Hattie

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 09:09:09 AM »

No one else has commented so i will.

Has this thread caused Rosebud57 to leave the forum ? i noticed last night that her name had gone black.

I wanted to let her know how hypnotherapy was helping me or not - it is at her suggestion that i am trying it.

Can't look back and easily read anyones posts when they go black either - it's a loss.

We are all different people here and sometimes each need a bit of space.

Hattie X

oldsheep

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 10:05:41 AM »

anyone else have huge difficulty getting their computer to load the Independent? It's so slow. Crashes on a tablet too.

Last week a study linked being a little overweight with a lower risk of dementia. 

CKLD I think you are thinking of Ben Goldacre and his Bad Science reporting?

Seems pretty obvious to me that being hugely overweight is bad for your health.  I still think for most people, the biggest health risks are genetic tbh.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 09:32:42 PM »

:thankyou:  Oldsheep that's him  ::) .........

Being overweight causes intense strain on our internal organs as well as our joints.  Sometimes I wish that I could see inside my skeleton to keep an eye on what is going on in there  ::) .......... to measure the amount of fat round the kidneys, heart etc. ..........