Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Getting anxious at thought of taking first Utrogestan tonight.  (Read 2386 times)

GypsyRoseLee

I started wearing my Estradot 25mg on Thursday morning (day 13 of current cycle). The day after my latest period finally ( 7 days late) started I have been suffering with very low mood, insomnia and simmering anxiety. What is THAT all about? Usually, those symptoms happen at the other end of my cycle?

Anyway, my mood had finally started to lift Wednesday evening and I slept better Wednesday night. So, I was already feeling improved when I put the patch on. felt fine Thursday. Fine yesterday. Far too early for patch to be working, I know. But this is how my hormones roll. Week or two of Hell. Couple, or several weeks, of being okay with a few minor dips inbetween.

But since mid afternoon I have been feeling jittery and with underlying anxiety again. I am getting stressed at starting the Utrogestan tonight as I'm really worried that it will bring back the anxiety and low mood I've had for the last 2 weeks.

Any words of wisdom would be very appreciated.

Cassie

Re: Getting anxious at thought of taking first Utrogestan tonight.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 08:08:11 PM »

Its great, you will be fine.... try using it vaginally makes a huge diff.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 08:29:01 PM »

Thank you Cassie

Can you use it vaginally? In what way does it make a huge difference?

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 09:12:27 PM »

It minimises any side effects especially if you have a sensitive tummy. If you use it vaginally then your liver does not have to process it.

Hope it all goes well for you tonight no matter what way you decide. Let us know.

Honeybun
X

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 09:49:12 PM »

I have read that some side effects can be sleepiness and feeling slightly sedated? But actually I would welcome that. Insomnia has been a problem recently. And anxiety is by far my biggest problem.

Have had diarrhoea pretty much every day since my period started 15 days ago. But it's likely that my anxiety is causing this I think.

Am going to take the Utrogestan orally now. Will keep you posted. Thank you for being so supportive  :thankyou:

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 05:38:15 AM »

It has the opposite effect with me, makes me a bit hyper lol...

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 07:21:36 AM »

Good morning Cassie.

I'm afraid I had a rubbish night. Really bad insomnia. Don't know if it was the Utrogestan or not? Have started a new thread asking for advice  :'(